Author Topic: City Police Officers  (Read 8918 times)

Citizen

City Police Officers
« on: August 26, 2006, 04:05:12 AM »
I'm just curious to know about police officers leaving the City to work overseas. Who has left the City to go overseas and for what reason did they leave. I'm a bit confused over an article that I read a few days ago that stated policemen were leaving to work overseas! What type of work would they do!

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
Re: City Police Officers
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 07:24:52 AM »
I was told by an officer yesterday, who is not one of the "ASSHOLES" that work for the City, that Barry Powers in working in Iraq as an independent contractor.  Barry was the City cop that started the "shoot yourself in the foot" website that is now defunct.
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

Thanks Barry

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 05:13:34 AM »
If this is true then it proves Barry is a much better than me! He is over their risking his life fighting for our country. Thanks Barry, and everyone else participating in the war.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 07:46:14 AM by Marty Tennant »

Ilya Kuryakin

• Pro-management union buster
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 07:54:19 AM »
He's over there risking his life to make more money than he could being a cop in Georgetown.  Peace officers, like teachers, are generally underpaid.

Fighting for our country?  Please.

MP

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 07:39:02 PM »
If this is true then it proves Barry is a much better than me! He is over their risking his life fighting for our country. Thanks Barry, and everyone else participating in the war.

People actually serving in the military are the ones fighting for our country. Not cops looking to make a quick bunch of big bucks.

Citizen

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 03:22:18 AM »
My hats off to the cops who went overseas to make more money! From what I was told they're over there to provide a service in which the military can not provide and that's training police. It's simple the military trains the military and police are hired as contractors to train police. Why would you fault them for that? If I had the chance to do it I would. It's better than putting up with internal politics and low pay don't you think! Some have gone over, made the money and came back...... so give them a break! As a matter of fact the military would not be able to survive without the assistance of contractors. Telephone installers are needed so soldiers would be able to call loved ones, Cleaners are needed to clean the uniforms, Doctors are needed to heal the injured soldiers and actually oversee the training of military doctors, Mechanics are needed to service the vehicles. I don't see any soldiers on top of telephone poles repairing the wires so that they would be able to call home. I thank God everyday for cops and soldiers for where would we be without them. It's about time opportunities came about for them to earn more money because the only ones that earn a decent salary in law enforcement are the ones at the top and those are the ones who need to be replaced!

afdip

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 09:03:03 AM »
in previous wars, independent contractors were known as mercenaries, but now you want to confuse them with "a necessary arm of our military."  i believe there are few who confuse them with altruistic adjuncts to our military.  believe me, if they were being paid the same meager wages as our troops, they'd be staying home (despite, i'm sure, their anguished cries of the contrary).  our troops are the heroes.  the "independent contractors" are enriching themselves, and we, fellow citizens, are paying the bill.

Citizen

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 10:26:24 AM »
Hey, did'nt you vote for BUSH.....lol, Halliburton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hero

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 03:02:07 PM »
Hey afdip, I don't beleive citizen said anything about soldiers not being hero's, but here's a question for you. Why can't our hero's find jobs when they return home? Why is it so hard for our hero's to get bank loans? I'd rather take the high paying job as a contractor because sometimes being a real hero does'nt pay the bills. What about the cop who risks his life to save yours here, is he not considered a hero, especially for the pay? I've spent 6 years in the military, 18 months of those years were in Iraq. While there I met many contractors who were cops and stood right there next to me. Even though he made almost 4 times my salary it did'nt matter all we cared about surviving. After returning home to Georgetown, there were no job offers so that same cop who stood next to me with the high salary got me connected with his company. I'm leaving this place in 23 days for a job in Kawait for $102,000 a year..you can have the hero's role Sir...like I said it does not pay the bills!

afdip

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 03:12:04 PM »
make no mistake about it, i know how a grateful nation treats it's soldiers, sailors and marines (yeah, air force, too) . . . i came back from vietnam with a chest full of medals, the mayor gave me a key to the city and someone offered me a job at a putt-putt golf course making $1.55/hr.  just wait until you start doing the tango with the veteran's administration.   my point, however, was that you have now exercised your option to do the same work for higher pay.  the reasons don't really matter here, but your option is the mercenary option -- which you admit.  i'm not judging you for making that decision, but don't confuse your decision for embracing altruism and making the world safe for democracy or some other drivel.  best of luck over there.

Barry the creep

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 03:19:23 PM »
And please tell shoot yourself in the foot Powers we all said hey and what happened to the site!

mtiafl

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 03:51:28 PM »
Barry ain't got time to think about you creeps.

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 07:53:40 PM »
Afdip you got a chest full of medals and a mind full of liberal propaganda!!! Now how did that happen???? Can you explain???

afdip

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 09:48:29 PM »
you probably didn't go to vietnam, but if you did, you swallowed all the lies about stopping the dominoes from falling, establishing democracy, ad nauseam.  i guess you could call me an independent thinker.  in addition, my daddy told me long ago that people could only pee on your head and tell you it was raining -- and expect you to believe it -- for so long.

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 07:06:53 AM »
So you swallowed the lies of the left!!! and that makes you an independent thinker?? I don't think so !!! By your writngs on this forum you are a myrmidon of the elite leftist leberal media. 

ritalin

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 09:51:02 AM »
So now afdip liberals are now peeing on your head. Hook Line and sinker. You seem to get pissed on alot. I guess its better to be pissed off than pissed on. To be so intelligent and literate in all of your worldly endeavors in the histerical distrist and still have hair that smells like pee is pitiful. Me thinks if you eat your spinach yuse can get rid of that smell. To get back on topic if you are able to improve your standing in life by working for the government then by all mean go for it. These people are not mercenaries. Mercenaries usually kill people for the highest price.

afdip

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 11:32:24 AM »
mer‧ce‧nar‧y  /ˈmɜrsəˌnɛri/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mur-suh-ner-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, noun, plural -nar‧ies.
–adjective
1.   working or acting merely for money or other reward; venal.
2.   hired to serve in a foreign army, guerrilla organization, etc.
–noun
3.   a professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army.
4.   any hireling.
[Origin: 1350–1400; ME mercenarie < L mercēnn&#257;rius working for pay, hired worker, mercenary, perh., repr. earlier *mercēd(i)n&#257;rius, equiv. to *mercēdin-, s. of *mercēdō, a by-form of mercēs, s. mercēd- payment, wage (akin to merx goods; cf. merchant) + -&#257;rius -ary]

ritilan

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2006, 02:35:43 AM »
In the Protocol Additional to the Geneva Conventions (GC) of 12 August 1949, and relating to the Protection of Victims of International Armed Conflicts (Protocol I), 8 June 1977 it is stated:

Art 47. Mercenaries

1. A mercenary shall not have the right to be a combatant or a prisoner of war.
2. A mercenary is any person who:
(a)  is specially recruited locally or abroad in order to fight in an armed conflict;
(b)  does, in fact, take a direct part in the hostilities;
(c)  is motivated to take part in the hostilities essentially by the desire for private gain and, in fact, is promised, by or on behalf of a Party to the conflict, material compensation substantially in excess of that promised or paid to combatants of similar ranks and functions in the armed forces of that Party;
(d)  is neither a national of a Party to the conflict nor a resident of territory controlled by a Party to the conflict;
(e)  is not a member of the armed forces of a Party to the conflict; and
(f)  has not been sent by a State which is not a Party to the conflict on official duty as a member of its armed forces.
I believe these cops are acting as trainers and provide armed protection. Like I said before peepot these guys just want to make a better living doing a dangerous job.

afdip

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 08:15:27 AM »
nice try, but historically one looks to a dictionary for a definition, not some legalistic rationalization from the geneva convention.  i personally don't have any problem with anyone doing anything legal for money, and i have said this before.  they should, however, be honest enough to admit that they are motivated by $$$$ and not by altruism.   remember:  radix malorum est cupiditas.

ritilin

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2006, 09:04:44 AM »
A mercenary is a soldier who fights, or engages in warfare primarily for private gain, usually with little regard for ideological, national or political considerations. However, when the term is used to refer to a soldier in a regular national army, it is usually considered an insult, epithet or pejorative.
afdip latin is a dead language why don't you try english that is american english. Afdip why don't you try to speak to people and stop speaking down to posters here. Every body already knows your the smartest person in georgetown no one can challenge you on that one. I never said they were motivated by altruism ( the practice of placing others before oneself). I just said they want to make a better living. Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Ilya Kuryakin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2006, 10:13:49 AM »
Barry Powers is in no army, regular or otherwise.  He is, going back to my first post in this thread, working for himself in Iraq as a mercenary.  He is there for the money, period.  Most law enforcement officers are badly underpaid.  If I were without formal education and gainful employment, I might consider doing the same.

As for my liberal e-friend and Chaucer reader afdip, I enjoy his posts and the occasional insertion of foreign languages other than English.  That's not speaking or writing down to anyone.  Why would he want to change his style of writing just to please you or anyone else?  Is being smart a crime?

If you think Latin is dead, just stop using Latin derivatives and see how far you get.  And, oh yeah- vescere bracis meis.

Another guest

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2006, 10:38:46 AM »
Barry Powers is busy shooting himself in the foot in Iraq instead of doing it in Georgetown. Leave him alone.

Hero

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2006, 11:18:14 AM »
Georgetown PD sure has lost some good ones to be trainers overseas I can tell you that, but hopefully they will return afterwards. They're sure a lot of new faces over there now! Has anyone left the Sheriff's office to go overseas?

afdip

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2006, 01:00:01 PM »
with the g'town pd as their trainers, is there any question how efficient the iraqi police will be???   that'll be like having the poster named "clayton" teach english at a local high school.  both are scary thoughts, doncha think??

Ilya Kuryakin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2006, 01:04:50 PM »
I'm sure he has some endearing qualities too.