Author Topic: Jack Scovile keeps Georgetown screwed  (Read 9159 times)

Sick of Jack's crap

Jack Scovile keeps Georgetown screwed
« on: July 12, 2006, 09:06:05 PM »
This is from today's State News Paper.

Jack Scoville, a Democratic member of the Georgetown City Council and an active member of the state party’s leadership, said Moore has one major advantage: Sanford’s record.

Moore, Scoville said, “is running against a guy who is reviled by his own party. I’ve seen two Republicans that I know who have publicly come out in support of him. Everyone else I know hates his guts.”

“The cognoscenti can’t stand him,” he said. “They just think he’s awful. I think the national party should help a little.”

And if Knotts succeeds in his quixotic bid to get on the ballot, Scoville said that helps Moore.

Still, Scoville said Moore needs to step up fundraising.

“I was upset to see that he’s raised so little,” said Scoville, who gave Moore $1,000 June 15. “I don’t know what the problem is. I’m going to have to send Tommy some more, I guess.”

So here is another reason Georgetown is stuck in the dark ages. Jack Scovile is running around "hating our governor". No wonder the state will do nothing to help this backwards town.

afdip

Re: Jack Scovile keeps Georgetown screwed
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 09:18:36 PM »
let's see now, we have a republican governor, a republican house and senate and the best you can do is blame jack scoville's dislike for sanford as the REAL REASON g'town proper is stuck in the economic doldrums?  in addition, republicans in g'town are about as common as red ants.   why not put all the blame on afdip . . . hell, i've got broad shoulders. ???

Ilya Kuryakin

• Pro-management union buster
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 09:35:26 PM »
I know Mr. Scoville.  He is the best thing to happen to Georgetown's City Council in the last century.  I don't always agree with his politics, but he may just save us from the two or three dunces who serve beside him. 

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 09:37:22 PM »
I'm glad to see Scoville got the guts to finally run for something, and I hope he adds to the legitimacy of council as an institution.  Beyond that, I can't stand the man, for very obvious reasons.
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

Another guest

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 09:46:04 PM »
Most people know Jack is a scroundrel.

Ilya Kuryakin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 09:48:53 PM »
Never mind your poor spelling, what are you saying?  Do you have something to share concerning Mr. Scoville's character?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 02:38:35 AM by Jack Aubrey »

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 06:27:07 AM »
Here is a legal filing with the SC Appeals Court that outlines my problems with Mr. Scoville.

http://user5164.hugehost.net/911/reply.pdf
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 07:32:57 AM »
cognoscenti - A person with superior, usually specialized knowledge or highly refined taste; a connoisseur

Who is Scoville referring to?  Who are the cognoscenti of the Republican Party?

afdip

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 08:09:54 AM »
from my dealings with jack scoville as my attorney, i can report i am very satisfied with his work . . . seems to me some of this griping is from people who dealt with mr scoville from an adversarial position.  i try not to have to deal with ANY attorneys from that position, but if i do, i will weigh in with the most ruthless, articulate and competent attorney available. 

Ilya Kuryakin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 08:18:23 AM »
Who is Scoville referring to?  Who are the cognoscenti of the Republican Party?

You rang?

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 08:47:25 AM »
So you have highly refined tastes for Republican politics.  Lately that means running up skyhigh deficits, promotiing unfunded budget busters like prescription drug programs that pander to the elderly vote, and ignoring Main St. Republicans like myself that think all this is garbage.  Not a category I'd like to be in.  Have you been hanging out with Scoville lately?

afdip

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 09:18:04 AM »
the problem seems to be the confusion over the appellations "republican" and "conservative."   i have many conservative friends, most of whom are appalled with the actions of the current administration.

Ilya Kuryakin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 10:05:24 AM »
I definitely see your point there.  Although I hang on to the Republican name, my personal views and those of the party are somewhat divergent.  I'm still fiscally and socially conservative.  In other words, I believe in sticking to a budget and not sleeping with my friends' wives.

Have I hung out with Scoville lately?  Not at all.  I see him occasionally at my favorite restaurant when he concedes to his penchant for late night ice cream, but it has been several weeks.

Rod who?

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 11:24:44 AM »
from my dealings with jack scoville as my attorney, i can report i am very satisfied with his work . . . seems to me some of this griping is from people who dealt with mr scoville from an adversarial position.  i try not to have to deal with ANY attorneys from that position, but if i do, i will weigh in with the most ruthless, articulate and competent attorney available. 

Lets see now who has had adversarial dealing with Jack Scoville? Maybe Rod Stalvey's whopping $250,000 dollar defeat by Jack? Rod has cried about that loss for over a year now.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 11:30:27 AM »
I tried and failed to verify the $250,000 number.  All I found was that the county paid Scoville $2,500.00 to do the legal work on the Stalvey suit after it was settled by the parties.  If a large sum like that was paid by Stalvey to the County, it should have turned up in a FOIA request.  It didn't.  This means the number is bogus, or the county is withholding FOIA information.  Is there a third possibility I'm overlooking?