Author Topic: Ron Charlton is FINISHED!  (Read 11432 times)

Sandersonsupporternomore

Ron Charlton is FINISHED!
« on: March 17, 2008, 01:46:50 PM »
After several attempts to talk Mr. James Sanderson out of running Ron Charlton is finished. After everyone learns about the real Ron Charlton people will wonder how he ever got on council to begin with. Thank you Mr. James Sanderson for taking county council back from the corrupt repukes like Ron the liar Charlton.

Posted on Mon, Mar. 17, 2008
 James Sanderson files for County Council seat
James Sanderson, head of the local steelworkers union, has filed for Georgetown County Council.

He will run as a Democrat in District Two.

Filing opened Sunday and will remain open until March 31.

Barney Fife

Re: Ron Charlton is FINISHED!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 03:07:09 PM »
We will see how it goes. It is much too early to say either of the two is "finished." We will see how the campaigning goes. I hope there are public forums or debates where they stand face to face.

Now, for the big question. What if another Democrat files to run for the seat? Do you expect us to believe Jamie Sanderson will give that candidate the same fair Party treatment that he will give his daddy? Absolutely no. He will be scheming behind the scenes to get that persron ousted. It will be a total fix. I hope another Dem files just to make Jamie squirm and so we can see the corruption that will take place.

ETFOG

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 03:10:08 PM »
I am one of the many who know that Ron Charlton is a slime ball. But James Shamderson? Why would we throw out one criminal for another? Better the devil you know?

It will make for some serious fun though.

IWCCTTT

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 05:39:38 PM »
I can't wait for some of the ads. Sanderson can say Ron has ilegitimate kids and then Ron can "set the record straight" and say no his brother had those kids. Then Sanderson can show the court documents proving the kids are Ron's and Ron can "set the record straight" and say it all a dirty campaign to smear him. This is gonna be a great campaign season.

Sandersonsupporternomore

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 07:44:26 PM »
Mr. James Sanderson will only tell the truth about his opponent. The truth will be so refreshing. It won't matter if the local newspaper won't tell the truth. Many people are giving lots of money to Mr. James Sanderson to lead our county back to the truth and morals. It is time for liars like Ron Charlton to leave public office. Thank you Mr. James Sanderson for doing this for us.

Sandersonsupporternomore

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 10:09:00 AM »
Barney are you saying Mr. James Sanderson has no morals. You are making a big mistake. Mr. James Sanderson has morals above reproach. Mr. James Sanderson has no illegitimate kids like his opponent Ron Charlton. Mr. James Sanderson is a faithful church member and serves his community to benefit everyone. Mr. James Sanderson has never used a public office to benefit himself or his family. Mr. James Sanderson will let everyone know that Ron Charlton was found guilty of using his public office to benefit his cable company. Thank you Mr. Sanderson for taking this important issue on.

Matthew E. Ryan

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 08:27:57 AM »
sanderson4council, excuse me Mr. James Sanderson. How will you benefit the community if elected?

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 09:52:22 AM »
http://sanderson2008.com/

He lays it all out here.   Go James!  Charlton must go!
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 07:08:26 AM »
From the Times:

Charlton said he plans to run on his record. He also said he will not run a negative campaign against Sanderson.

“People don’t like that. We all live in the same community and have the same friends,” Charlton said. “If I have to win by tearing the other candidate down, I would never run for election.”

In other words, please don't tell the truth about how I cheated on my wife repeatedly and have fathered multiple children out of wedlock while married to another woman.  And please, don't tell folks how I pleaded low income and an inability to pay more child support while living high on the hog.
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

JUSTIFIED

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 01:14:10 PM »
"Repukes and Dummycrats"

Why is it that you have to add a slur to try and get your point across.  It would seem that an intelligent individual would have a better way of trying to get others to "join the cause".
Instead it just serves to sicken those who try to find the best candidates no matter what their monicker may be.

I seem to recall an article that the GT Times did on James Sanderson quite a few years back, and if I recall correctly he spent a fair portion of the interview telling the world just how terrible that his father was, and how he was going to be the man that his father never was.

I prefer to think that a man of honor and strong moral fiber would choose to bite his lip and hold his tongue, rather than throw stones at the man that fathered him.

Jerry Clower said it best.....In the Bible, #5 of the Ten Commandments (not suggestions) tell us to "honor our Father and our Mother that our days may be long upon the land"; and sometimes we honor them by telling everyone about how wonderful Momma and Daddy are; but sometimes we have to honor them by JUST KEEPING OUR MOUTH SHUT!!!!!!!

You're gonna have to do a better job of convincing me before election day.
So far, with all of your childish namecalling antics, and James' diarrhea of the mouth; the combination seems to be driving me to the other side of the election booth !!!

"He who has nothing to say, should refrain from giving wordy evidence of the fact."-Unknown
"It is better to sit silently and be thought a fool,
than to speak and remove all doubt."-Unknown

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 02:02:25 PM »
So justified, you would vote for an adulterer first?

ETFOG

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 02:23:01 PM »
I truly believe most people will run away from Ron Charlton once the truth about his behavior is out. Not just the adultery mind you. The conviction for using his public office for personal gain will do it I think. If "justified" wants to vote for the slimy guy good for him or her.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 03:33:29 PM »
You are talking about an ethics violation.  The Ethics Commission, in my opinion, let him off the hook for no good reason.  They did say that a violation probably occurred, if I recall correctly.  Of course, this has never been reported by the Times or any paper to my knowledge.  If they reported on this, they would have had to report on the federal civil rights lawsuit Dick Richards and I brought that was related to the alleged ethics violation involving cable TV.  The Georgetown Times failed us on that too. 

They simply don't want to report negative information on Charlton in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 03:35:34 PM by Marty Tennant »

concernedperson

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 06:58:34 PM »
Why do you think it is only Charlton the Georgetown Times refuses to report on? THe Times is terrible. They refuse to report the truth about many people and stories. This town is lost because the Times cannot be trusted.

Don't worry about Charlton. I know a couple of people with a bunch of money ready to spend to make sure everyone knows the real Ron Charlatan. Boy ain't his wife gonna love this election cycle. Better get some more cash ready Ronnie boy.

Sandersonsupporternomore

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 12:35:20 PM »
This is just another attempt by Ron Charlton to make people think Mr. James Sanderson is a mean and bad person. It won't work Ron. Everyone will know the real Ron Charlton and Mr. Sanderson will not even be mean. All Mr. James Sanderson has to do is tell the truth about Ron Charlton. Ron Charlton is a liar and the truth will show that to everyone. I am so thankful Mr. James Sanderson has taken the duty to oust Ron Charlton from our county council and take back our county council from corrupt people like Ron Charlton.

Matthew E. Ryan

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 02:00:44 PM »
Sanderson4 Council, are you in elementary school or do you just choose to speak that way. Just wondering. Instead of pointing out Charlton's negative aspects how bout tell us what Sanderson can do for us. Chances are he will probably be worthless if elected as well.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 02:22:56 PM »

Matthew E. Ryan

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 03:42:16 PM »
just as I assumed worthless. I like the keep it "USA" for money spent by tax payers. If you can get something elsewhere cheaper than by all means do it, why waste money. That sounds great in theory but we need people trying to budget and spend money wisely if that means saving 50 cents on the dollar to buy elsewhere than go for it. Same thing for the port our county does not have the infastructure to support port expansion.

Barney Fife

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 03:50:19 PM »
Sanderson will not be elected and here's why. Yes, some people do not like Charlton but people in general hate people who think they are Jesus Christ in the flesh, which is the attitude of James Sanderson. He is no different than any politician. He makes promise after promise. Many of these promises he is making cannot be kept, mainly for financial reasons.
Well, let me take that back because he is a Democrat so he would have no problem voting in favor of raising taxes time and time again.
Yes, I do believe Linda Mock will win the auditor's race but not because of anything the Dem party does but because no one is really mad at her. People don't vote people out unless thay are mad at them.

ETFOG

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 05:42:57 PM »
Barney do you really think people will vote for Charlton after they learn about his adulterous affairs and refusing to pay child support for many children he had out of wedlock? I really think most people will shun him once they know the truth.

Barney Fife

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 07:22:30 PM »
Who do you think does not know about it? It doesn't have to be in the newspaper for people tp know. Once the first couple of people heard about it and then read the documents, the word of mouth spread it everywhere. I hate to burst your bubble or marty's bubble or the bubble of the newspapers but news travels faster by word of mouth than by any other avenue, so people know about it.
So, to now answer your question. Yes, I do think he will win. People have known the news about him for years and have done nothing about it, so I don't think they will oust him for over-inflated-ego-maniac-I-make-promises-I-know-I-can't-keep Sanderson.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 08:06:52 PM »
I disagree.  I think most folks know nothing.  The insiders know.  The man in the street doesn't, but should, because he would be inclined not to vote for the man.

I think you overestimate the people in this town.  The grapevine is great, but it isn't everything.

JUSTIFIED

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2008, 09:11:59 PM »
Marty,
In response to your earlier question regarding my vote, I must say that after looking back at the fine job that James did for Superior/Eagle Manufacturing, and also the wonderful way he handled relations at G'twn Steel, I would vote for Charles Manson before I would vote for Sanderson.

Regarding the adultery deal, that's another one of those BIG TEN'S that if mankind followed we would be able to do away with the other thousands of laws on the books.  I do not condone it in any form or fashion, however I have never seen the "proof" and cannot understand how anyone could be as "guilty" as you say he is and not be paying child support.  If the sheriff can get reamed on support, then anyone can.

I guess my best response would be to say that looking at both men from a personal standpoint, neither one can walk on water; and I shouldn't be bad-mouthing either one on a personal level. (Let he that is among you without sin, cast the first stone).

However, on a professional level concerning their desired positions, and considering that this county should be run like a business, (it actually is a business, and we the taxpayers are the customers funding the business; we like to think that because we vote, we run it, but let's get real, it just doesn't work like that), I think we should look at the "business" track record of the candidates.................
on the one hand we have:
STRIKE
SHUTDOWN
STRIKE
SHUTDOWN
all the while never losing a paycheck.

and on the other hand we have:
BUSINESS
PROSPERITY
BUSINESS
PROSPERITY
most assuredly making money for himself, but I don't see his employees having to look for work elsewhere because the doors are chained.

I come from a large family, and a couple lost their jobs at Superior, and several, yes several, were out of work when Sandersons prevailing wisdom caused the shutdown at Gtwn Steel.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see who actually has the better track record.

"He who has nothing to say, should refrain from giving wordy evidence of the fact."-Unknown

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2008, 07:35:22 AM »
Good response.  The problem here is that Mr. Sanderson is a very public person, and his history is well known, while Charlton has had his sordid life details kept secret by the newspapers.

Any sleaze bag can run a company and make money.  Heck, they can even become president or senator.

Neither is an angel, but who is? 

JUSTIFIED

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2008, 09:42:18 AM »
I have yet to see any "angels" try their hand in politics, they're all out for something; money, power, control, prestige, righting a personal wrong, etc.

I know that all politicians are in it for themselves, and anyone that thinks that their candidate is in it because they care so much for their fellow man and want to make things better for the masses (which usually means putting your own interests aside) is an imbecile.

What I generally try to do, is look at the candidates and try to decide whose interests (not campaign promises and political rhetoric) are most closely aligned with my interests.

And all this hype about Sanderson being for the working man and looking out for us is *BS*.
If he really cared, he would have refused his union paycheck while the strike was ongoing and taken the same wage as his comrades in arms.  It's easy to go into battle knowing that the losses will not be personal.

And if he really cared, he would have tried to do a better job of negotiating with Daniel Thorne, because he was warned that if they voted to strike, the mill would be shut down (yes I know it was a vote, but if James had put all the cards on the table he could have swayed the voters, wait a minute he did sway them...in the wrong direction) . 

James thought it was a bluff, he called, and we all know the results.

I don't really care to look at the Mill every day, but it means jobs and money for a lot of people.  The tourist trade just isn't cutting it, we need this City and County to grow.
The city is actually shrinking in numbers of people and new businesses.
   Maybe if we vote to strike against Steve Thomas, they will make the city more business friendly.
 I have an acquaintance who opened a restaurant at Carolina Forest, and wanted to open another one in GTWN, but after checking around, he decided that he could open up a lot cheaper in Mt. Pleasant.  But that's for another thread.

We need a person that knows how to create business and improve commerce.
As I said before, let's review the track records of the two candidates.

Neither candidate is Mother Teresa or Joan of Arc.
Give me a better selection, and I will make a better choice; but until then, I have to look out for my interests just like they're gonna look after theirs.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 09:54:28 AM by JUSTIFIED »

fedup

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2008, 04:00:57 PM »
I have know Sanderson for more years than I care to remember. He has sold more people down the river while Union president than any other person in the history of the WORLD. If you were not his butt buddy and had a grievence, you were SOL. IF you were not a member of the union and needed representation, which by law they are suppose to give, all you got was a union representive sitting at the desk saying absolutly nothing or either agreeing with the company all the way. You lost before you ever entered the door. I know he will do the same thing if the people of Georgetown County makes the mistake and elects him. A Leporad (or should I say polecat) can not change his spots.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2008, 05:45:52 PM »
No doubt James has high negatives with many people.  The problem is that Charlton would have high negatives too, if the truth about the man were widely known.  You can thank the newspapers for hushing this up.  They have the evidence, but it is just too tawdry to publish, since they love Ron so much.

JW

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2008, 06:18:59 PM »
The Georgetown Times has outed many people in town. Why are they helping Ron Charlatan hide the truth that he is a scum bag?

fedup

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2008, 05:05:59 PM »
Maybe Ron is guilty of what some are saying, I don't know. I do know that Ron is a born again christian and if GOD can foregive him why can we? James on the other hand is the devils sidekick, he would rather crawl on his hands and knees across broken glass than to stand and face someone and tell the truth.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2008, 05:20:40 PM »
You have to ask for forgiveness from people first after coming clean.  He's never come clean.  He is truly a Charlatan.

whutzzup

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2008, 02:20:16 AM »
That fat lady has yet to sing on this one keep dreaming.

ETFOG

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2008, 08:26:12 AM »
Hey Watzup I was reading James Sanderson's web site again last night and found one real interesting quote.

“There is nothing anyone can do that will suppress the truth.  It will come out.”

I guess James is gonna let us know the truth about Ron Charlton. I imagine most people will turn from Ron in disgust when the truth comes out. That's gotta be why Ron put in the paper  that he won't run a negative campaign. But there is nothing negative to run about James. He didn't screw around on his wife and lie about it to everyone.

JW

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2008, 02:20:12 PM »
Did anyone else see the police blotter from myrtle beach where some man got arrested for preaching that fornication is a sin on the main drag. Wish I knew his name I would donate some money to his church if he would go to Elizabeth Street and preach that to Ron Charlton.

Sandersonsupporternomore

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2008, 06:13:55 PM »
Has anybody noticed how many hits this thread has? Way over 1200. Guess people are learning and wanting to know what is going on with Mr. James Sanderson's campaign to take back our county council from the corrupt and philandering Ron Charlton. Can't wait till November to show Ron how people really feel about him and his lying, cheating, and sleeping around.

Barney Fife

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2008, 04:52:14 AM »
Guess people are learning and wanting to know what is going on with Mr. James Sanderson's campaign to take back our county council
The real reason is probably because James is a comedy show and people click on here for a good laugh when they read his "I am Christ" attitude postings.

JUSTIFIED

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2008, 08:45:50 AM »
I was clicking around on here and found the "Hall of Shame"; and finally saw what the hoopla was all about.  After viewing the documents I must say that I too am shocked and appalled!!!

Shocked and appalled that something 25-30 years old has created this much stir.
  This whole time I was thinking that there were little kids out there with a Dad denying them; but we're talking about adults here, and the paperwork plainly says that he voluntarily admitted that they were his.  And by the way, $12,900 wasn't bad money over 20 years ago.

Ron professes to be a Born-Again-Christian, and by that declaration, any of the bad stuff he did in his past is covered by the Blood of Jesus Christ.  Let he that is among you without sin, cast the first stone.  For there is no great sin.

Marty when we become saved, our sins are forgiven, we do not have to ask man to forgive us (or come clean) we only have to ask God; we are however required to forgive others.

I can't believe this horse has been ridden for so long, only to find out that it's an old gray mule.
Unlike Bill Clinton who used his office to gain "favors", this happened long before I knew of County Councilman Ron Charlton.
If this were a recent event I would say, remove him from office, but this has nothing to do with his position on county council.

I'm glad that most of us don't get judged for past mistakes, because there are some whoppers in my past that are forgiven and hopefully forgotten.

Marty, I am sure that you, as well as 99.99% of the members and guests of this forum have something in your past that you really wouldn't want everyone to know.
Must we be defined by the mistakes of our pasts?

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2008, 08:59:24 AM »
I know exactly where you are coming from.  The difference is that being forgiven by God for sins does not equate into forgiveness by the voters.

Voters tend to look at a man's personal life and see parallels to his performance as a public servant.  If he was willing to repeatedly trash his vows to his wife (I'm aware of three kids out of wedlock, not two), why should I trust him to uphold his oath of office.  In Charlton's case, I can't.

His lifestyle and his income didn't jive, and he used his supposed meager income to justify not supporting his offspring.  I call that a deadbeat, sleaze bag dad in my opinion.

Just because someone is forgiven by the blood of Christ doesn't mean they are immediately given a free pass politically.  The local papers help Charlton keep up his charade as a wonderful man.  He isn't in my opinion and they need to know.