The Citizens' Report
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 08:55:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25249 Posts in 4024 Topics by 320 Members
Latest Member: SMW
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Citizens' Report
|-+  South Carolina
| |-+  Georgetown County SC
| | |-+  Politics and Current Events
| | | |-+  Horry-Georgetown Tech helps us deal with illegal aliens
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Horry-Georgetown Tech helps us deal with illegal aliens  (Read 2417 times)
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« on: July 15, 2006, 08:24:32 AM »

In their new continuing education catalog, we see the following:

http://www.hgtc.edu/ce/HBC/default.htm

HISPANIC BUSINESS CENTER

The Hispanic Business center serves to provide a bridge between the two cultures and communities . . .

We are training businesses on how to best utilize their illegal aliens.  Now that takes the cake!

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.
afdip

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 12:03:40 PM »

so marty, if an hispanic calls the computer doctor and asks for assistance and is willing to pay your fee, will you deny them service on the basis of the chance they might be illegal?  will you have them prove their legality before providing services?
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 12:41:47 PM »

hell no, I'll take their money, but when these folks hire people they probably know in advance are illegal (but officer, they had a very expensive looking brand new social security card and drivers license) they should refuse to hire them.  we've seen that some employers dont' even have any withholding taken out or even bother to give them a W-9.

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.
afdip

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 01:54:36 PM »

yeah, but if you accept $$$ that is part of their illegal wages (and work) then aren't you just winking at their breaking the law?  don't lawyers call this "fruit of a poison tree" or something like that?
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 03:06:16 PM »

heck afdip, i could be taking money from drug dealers for all i know.  anyone could.

i will tell you this.  i've never repaired a computer for a hispanic person.  illegal aliens apparently don't own them.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: