Author Topic: Browns Ferry Water vs. GCWSD  (Read 12717 times)

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
Browns Ferry Water vs. GCWSD
« on: March 01, 2009, 09:35:48 AM »
I got a call yesterday from someone close to a situation that has been brewing for long time now relating to the Browns Ferry Water board.  They were involved in a non-compliance order a while back that prompted actions by the Georgetown County Water and Sewer District (GCWSD) to attempt a take-over of this system.  This was not what the special purpose district voters wanted, but I'm now being told that there are some really high handed efforts going on behind the scenes to allow the GCWSD to hijack the Browns Ferry system, despite votes to the contrary.  I'm also told this has extended to potentially secret meetings involving the SC Dept of Health and Environmental Control.

The person involved called me because he was told this was the only place to really get the truth out.  I've encouraged this person to register here and put up a post to explain what is really going on, as the details need to be delivered directly by the those in the middle of the situation rather than being filtered by me or some incompetent newspaper reporter from the Georgetown Times.

If anyone close to the situation has anything to add, please do so here.

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

JW

Re: Browns Ferry Water vs. GCWSD
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 02:07:52 PM »
Isn't Nelson Brown head of that board? Yea, Nelson (I got passed over for the chief's job again) Brown. What is going on with that whole mess. How much money has Nelson and his family gotten off that water district?

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 02:11:17 PM »
I thought Nelson was on the Rural Water District Board?
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

Tod

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 02:34:28 PM »
Thank goodness we have newspapers to give us details. From that post of marty's the other day I had no clue what was going on. now i know. thanks mr. stairs for looking into this so we didn't have to rely on the few sentences wrote here.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 05:57:34 PM »
Yeah Tod, we sure got no details from Leo.  I say thanks to Leo and no thanks to The Times.  You sure sound like you love them to pieces.  Are you sure you don't get your salary from them?

corruption watcher

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 07:39:44 PM »
Poor Tod. He can't hep it. He ain't got no sense to knows that the Times gets them stories right here from the Citizens Report. Heck them boys at the Times don't even go to the bathroom without checking to see what news is breaking at the Citizens Report.

Tod

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 09:38:33 PM »
Yeah Tod, we sure got no details from Leo. 
I guess I can start posting a daily list of stories the newspaper has before this board but the post would be deleted.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 10:19:09 PM »
You sound like the Maryville Man.  Are you related?

Look "Tod" (I'm positive that isn't your name).

We don't make ourselves out to be an investigative newspaper (of course, neither does the Times).

We do like it when real citizens with real interests in getting the real news out come here.  If we scoop the local rag, good.  Makes me feel good.  If they get the news first, then I guess they are simply doing their job.

We know your stinking paper can't tell the truth.  I know that hurts you, but it is the truth.  I don't think you really care about the truth yourself, do you, as you clearly have a dog in this fight.

IWCCTTT

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 09:30:26 AM »
I know you have a rule about not guessing who people are here but Marty I wish you would let us know which dog; I mean person, at the Times Tod really is.  :-X

Brenda

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 10:30:29 AM »
I don't know who Tod is or who you are but if the moderator starts identifying people, I hope he is fair and identifies everyone because I would really like to know who I am reading sometimes.

JW

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 10:36:11 AM »
Oh Brenda are you still smarting because someone posted your lousy DHEC score on this site? You still haven't told us which place it is so we can avoid it.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 11:02:36 AM »
The site does not allow someone to say, for example, Tod is Scott Harper who works at The Times.

I of course, have never said that, except right now by way of example.

I don't know who Tod really is, but I can almost guarantee you he/she isn't really named Tod and I'll bet you five bucks he/she works for The Times.

Tod should grow a pair and come clean.  It really is obvious, isn't it?

Tod

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 11:50:29 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Funny stuff  ;D ;D ;D ;D I LOVE keeping you guessing :D :D :D Keep trying!!

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 01:06:34 PM »
Yeah, and your name is Tod, right.  Very funny stuff.  Love the Times, whether you work there or not.  Immediately suspect in my eyes, as anyone that defends that smelly rag must have an irrational reason to do so.

Tod

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 05:04:53 PM »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D Or it could be I do it just for the entertainment value of watching you and JW blow a blood vessel every time ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 05:27:04 PM »
We don't blow a vessel, we just snicker and say "status quo" and "power elite".

That's enough for me.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 11:00:42 PM »
Leo, did you tell all this to the paper?  They didn't report this, did they?

If you told them and they refused to print this, what do you think?

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 07:41:40 AM »
Sounds to me like a bunch of unelected people, in cahoots with lawyers and the State, are trying to take Browns Ferry Water into places it doesn't want to go, namely into the hands of Georgetown County Water and Sewer.

They seem willing to do anything, legal or potentially illegal, to achieve their goals.

Am I right?

JW

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 08:40:25 AM »
Many, many, many, yes many people have said it and I will say it again.

YOU CANNOT TRUST THE GEORGETOWN TIMES AND THEIR REPORTERS SCOTT HARPER AND TOMMY HOWARD TO REPORT THE NEWS TRUTHFULLY.

That paper is nothing short of a tool for the corrupt people in charge like Paige Sawyer and Jack So-vile.

Tod

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 09:21:00 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D  Oh My!! JW hates the Times. I've never heard that from him before  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

iceman

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 09:04:19 PM »
Leo, I just heard that there was a meeting between the new board and their attorney and the old board and their attorney yesterday. Is there any truth to that? I heard they made Lance look like a fool.
Protect your gun rights, spay or neuter idiots that know nothing about firearms or hunting. (Changed just for you J.S., is this a little better?HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 08:30:33 AM »
Incredible arrogance being displayed here.  And the newspaper is basically asleep at the wheel.  Too much crap to report that would make the power elite look bad.  Way to go John Carr and company.  Thanks for letting this community down again.

sampit_steve

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 11:31:04 AM »
Browns Ferry is protected by Federal law from being taking over by GCWSD so long as they are not in default with their USDA loans. Obviously, GCWSD wants BFW to expand their empire to serve their masters (developers). GCWSD is unique, because its board is appointed by the Legislative Delegation, which means that Yancy McGill gets to pick them. (Vida, Carl & Ray are Yancy's patsys). Most Water/Sewer district boards in SC are elected by the residents/members.  But Yancy isn't the boss either. He carries the water for the powers to be like the developer $$$ and local bosses. Yancy's district is majority black, so he has to keep the local leaders like Johnny Morant & Carl Anderson happy as well as get as much swing over from whites that may tend to vote republicans like the rich land owners. Bob Barker is the despot that runs the show. He's probably the one pushing the developers to Yancy. There is no telling what happens behind the scenes.   

Average Joe

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 11:38:31 AM »
$$$$$$$$$ + Pockets =  ;D

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 02:23:52 PM »
Oh, please, enlighten us.

Impart wisdom to the great unwashed.

We eagerly await your dispensation.

ETFOG

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 06:17:25 PM »
Wonder what money the MAH2005 person made or stands to make off this deal?

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 06:24:47 PM »
I'm more interested in why he or she is posting from an IP address that belongs to the United States Court system.  Shouldn't you be doing other things besides coming here and implying you know more than meets the eye and we know little?  Maybe you do.  Maybe we don't know enough.  Maybe you know too much.

Let's review some of the earlier posts from mah2005 regarding Judge Kosko.

Remember when he wasn't reappointed as a Magistrate Judge?

+++++++++++++

This article in the paper is the prime example of how the State newspaper reports stories that are defamatory and rarely based upon the facts.  The true story about Judge Kosko's failure to be reappointed will surface when the new appointee is released.

I know Judge Kosko very well, and I know that he is not a bigot nor is he sexist.  He helped establish the minority scholarship at the Charleston School of Law with his own money.  He also treats women with respect as opposed to many men in the legal profession whom fail to do so.  He is an honorable man and a wonderful attorney.  He was a great advocate for his clients.  As a judge, he stressed collegiality among members of the bar.  I will stand by Judge Kosko and you all should too.  He was wrongfully denied reappointment and once the story surfaces you will all understand.

By the way Mr. Tennant... once a judge always a judge.

+++++++++++++++++

Actually ETFOG, a magistrate is a judge, though they are not an Article III Judge under the constitution.  As you may recall or not, I do not know your educational background, per Article III, congress may create courts and judges as needed from time to time.  He is a judge and will always be a judge, whether it be Magistrate Judge or District Judge.  As attorneys appear before a Federal Magistrate Judge in Court, he or she calls the Magistrate Judge, simply Judge.  They are appointed for terms and not appointed for life.  I am very well aware of that.  The term of appointment does not matter.  The job is different.  This explains the details of the position:  http://www.fedjudge.org/index.asp

Judge Kosko does not blame anyone.  I know the politics behind the issue but have not spoken to him about it and he is not the source of my knowledge.  The good ole boy system in South Carolina works both ways, and it is apparent in this situation.  There are very few Judges in the State of South Carolina, be it a State Supreme Court, State Appellate Court, State Circuit Court, Federal District Court, or Federal Magistrate Court Judge that does not have some sort of connection to someone important and that is how they acquired the position.

Federal Magistrates go through an appointment process just as Federal District Court Judges.  The process is different, but the fact finding portion is essentially the same.  Judge Kosko went through the appointment process and was found fit for the position.  He is still fit for the position.  The story will develop and you all will know exactly what happened in regards to his appointment.

What I would like to know is... how, behind closed doors with Federal District Court Judges and One Clerk of Court, did the state find a credible source to back up his story?  Things that make you go HMMMMMM!

ETFOG

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2009, 06:29:42 PM »
So did the story ever come out why George got canned as a magisrtate? Nope. George is still not even a magistrate. And yes why is a federal computer being used for this purpose. Maybe time for a FOIA request?

ETFOG

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2009, 12:05:39 PM »
MAH is someone on the inside of the federal court system. Might be a now removed federal magistrate that is still using his federal internet account even.

Anyway I think you are right about this whole GCWSD thing being about develpment and money. Look at the leader of their board. Bill "big developer buddy" Swartskoph. That guy was ousted from Waccamaw Regional years ago and now he pops back up in another position he could profit from. Georgetown = corruption.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2009, 03:10:18 PM »
mah2005 has deleted their account from this board, and in the process, also deleted their posts.

good thing I copied and pasted them above before they became ashamed of themselves.

yes, when you come here and start sniping at people from a U.S. Courts IP address, and the moderator calls you on it, I guess the heat starts rising pretty fast.

by the way, I have reason to believe mah2005 was not a former magistrate judge.

no use barking up that tree.  what did happen to George Kosko, by the way.

Leo, sorry to hijack your thread.  You are doing a great service to the community coming here and telling us what you know.  Please keep us informed.

Specter

• A Victim has the right to fight back.
    • Grapes of Wrath
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2009, 07:01:24 AM »
  Leo "There is a Court Hearing Thursday March 19, 2009 at 2:00 pm in Conway to address the issue of BFW vs. GCWSD. I bet you havenít heard much about this have you? Well the Brownís Ferry Community has had enough and they are gathering its troops and will pack the Court House Thursday."

If you donít stand for something you will fall for anything!

This looks like a good activatie for the days list if you got some time.
Washington D.C. is Terrorist head quarters. Globalist Politics
Illegal Labor and Illegal Labor practices are but some of their weapons.
New World Order Lovers. SATANís PAWNS burn baby burn.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2009, 08:38:40 AM »
All the best Leo, and thanks for keeping us informed.

JW

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2009, 09:21:05 PM »
Thanks to the Sun News which is the only real newspaper we can trust in this town we know that a local judge says the new board is in charge at BFWD and Bob Barker is out of luck. I wonder why Scott Harper refuses to cover this important story. Oh well Scott can do what he usually does and copy and paste the Sun News report and put his name on it for next week.

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/breaking_news/story/826986.html

Specter

• A Victim has the right to fight back.
    • Grapes of Wrath
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2009, 06:19:19 AM »
So does anyone know if the law suit continue today?
Washington D.C. is Terrorist head quarters. Globalist Politics
Illegal Labor and Illegal Labor practices are but some of their weapons.
New World Order Lovers. SATANís PAWNS burn baby burn.

JW

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2009, 08:30:17 AM »
According to the Sun News; the truthful reporting paper for Georgetown, the lawsuit may or may not continue. The suit may be dropped to help the community move forward.

Now low and behold after it was posted here a "NO BYLINE" cut and paste story pops up on the Times web site with hardly any info to include the part about the law suit maybe going away. The Georgetown Times fails again.

Thank you to the Sun News for keeping us up on the important news.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2009, 01:52:37 PM »
Send me a scanned copy to my email address and I'll post it here.