Author Topic: Unemployment questions and answers?  (Read 13338 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ETFOG

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1231
Unemployment questions and answers?
« on: September 20, 2009, 09:06:11 AM »
It looks like the county reported unemployment numbers did not change this month. I really don't think that is the truth but this is Georgetown and the truth don't matter. But wait until the tourism jobs start shutting down this month. Next month this county will be going way up on unemployment and they won't be able to lie about it. So what is the county council or city council doing help get some jobs in this county? Nothing? Why don't the unemployed people go to council and ask them why they are so antibusiness and why they keep making rules to hurt business?

concernedperson

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 593
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 07:38:24 PM »
The city just took one of the biggest potential job sites off the market and are not even going to get property tax money off it anymore. The city just does not care about jobs. The county? Ha! If it don't have anything to tourism they don't want to hear about it.

concernedperson

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 593
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 07:00:31 PM »
It looks like the county reported unemployment numbers did not change this month. I really don't think that is the truth but this is Georgetown and the truth don't matter. But wait until the tourism jobs start shutting down this month. Next month this county will be going way up on unemployment and they won't be able to lie about it. So what is the county council or city council doing help get some jobs in this county? Nothing? Why don't the unemployed people go to council and ask them why they are so antibusiness and why they keep making rules to hurt business?

I saw where "JW" said this county is in real trouble and thought I remembered old "Foggy" bringing up that as soon as the tourism jobs laid off we would see unemployment numbers jump really high. Guess he (or she) was right. So is the county council doing anything? Will the Georgetown Times use the editoral page to call them to action? Anyone? Anyone? All I hear is silence.

Georgetown Democrat

  • Guest
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 12:28:13 PM »
Quote
It looks like the county reported unemployment numbers did not change this month.

http://www.sces.org/lmi/news/November_2009.pdf


Georgetown County went from 12.8 percent in October to 14 percent in November, an increase of 1.2 percent.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 12:29:58 PM by Jamie Sanderson »

matter of fact

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 09:01:25 PM »
Hope and Change you can believe in!

Georgetown Democrat

  • Guest
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 09:43:50 PM »
On the national level, hope and change has worked... A little. The rate improved in November.

This state needs hope and change from its dismal stance that tourism will be the fruits of prosperity for all.

 :-\

Specter

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 452
  • A Victim has the right to fight back.
    • Grapes of Wrath
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 08:32:44 AM »
On the national level, hope and chang has worked ? BS

Employment going up in November is nothing new retail is hiring xmass help.

They could make employment go up by enforcing the illegal labor laws, but they don’t want to they prefer to screw there fellow citizens and secure cheap labor for no can do business people.

This Bush /Obama trickle down economy dose not work for the country. Just for the people at the top, banks and stock market investors who all received a taxpayer bail out. Welfare for the rich and well to-do and they still want to screw the lower classes with illegal labor.
Washington D.C. is Terrorist head quarters. Globalist Politics
Illegal Labor and Illegal Labor practices are but some of their weapons.
New World Order Lovers. SATAN’s PAWNS burn baby burn.

Marty Tennant

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5786
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 09:49:02 AM »
I went to the Walmart the other day.  Normally I'd see the suspected illegals (I know, I'm out on a limb here) running around in old second hand cars.  Not on this day.  First class, new SUV's nice as you'd find anywhere.

Go figure and have a great Christmas!
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

matter of fact

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 02:07:18 PM »
On the national level, hope and change has worked... A little. The rate improved in November.

I wonder how that "little" rate of improvement is going to fair when the holiday shoppers are finished and the lay off of seasonal workers starts up.

Georgetown Democrat

  • Guest
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 02:14:47 PM »
In this state, the layoff of seasonal workers is already documented. Maybe we should be worried more about how we employ here
and what type of jobs we focus on instead of whether Obama "fails" or not. It's a matter of fact that other states get it - why not us?

matter of fact

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 09:15:40 PM »
Jamie

What are you talking about?

I pointed out that the little improvement you proclaim may be nothing more than the result of the end of the year sales and job boost that happens every year.  You jump back up on your soap box with more empty rhetoric about  getting job for the State and the type of jobs. . . . yada, yada, yada,

Once again you sound foolish. If my memory is correct, and it is.  Didn't Boeing just pick Charleston to build its next new line of airplanes?

Why do you think they are coming here?    It aint because of the Union. And it aint the because they get to pay higher taxes.

Contrary to your statement, Its a matter of fact that other States didn't get IT. We got IT. And IT is called BOEING!!!

Lee Padgett

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2090
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 10:16:59 PM »
I know tourism gets knocked around up and down the Grand Strand, but one thing you can bank on is "it is a constant" there is a fluctuation of hiring and layoffs based on the cycle but the cycle repeats year after year. Unfortunately industry is dying and there seems to be nothing we can do to bring that back except "Buy American", shop locally and check the bottom of your items. A boycott of every dollar store trinket would send China into a recession worse than we are facing.........
"The death of objectivism and small government can be attributed to emotional politics." Liberty Laura

Georgetown Democrat

  • Guest
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 10:46:30 PM »
And how much did it cost to bring nonunion jobs to Charleston? Matter of opinion is all you have.

And excuse me if I feel workers in this state are better than slave labor - and it is a matter of fact that employees in this state
are spat upon time and timer again.

Look, we'll know the real facts when the incentives become public in a couple of years.

matter of fact

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 01:54:01 AM »
Shame on you Jamie.  Slave labor? Give me a break.  Spat upon? OMG

I read my history books. To call what you do or what anyone else does for "living" in this State "slave labor" is an insult to those who truly were enslaved, against their will.  So much for the compassionate Democrat!

As for being "spat upon" I saw soldiers from Vietnam, who honorably served their country, return home only to be spat upon.  Are you telling us workers in this State are spat upon?  Give us some examples.

If the above wasn't bad enough, you really sounded foolish with your question "And how much did it cost to bring nonunion jobs to Charleston?"  I thought you wanted High tech, high paying jobs to come to the State. Boeing is bringing jobs here and you're complaining about the cost because they are "nonunion". Where's your compassion for the people who need these jobs, union or not. The cost of getting those jobs here is probably a drop in the bucket compared to the cost the Government wasted bailing out GM, but I didn't hear you complaining about that. I guess you believe Boeing is going to enslave the workers and spit on them.

You really need to think before you write!

Specter

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 452
  • A Victim has the right to fight back.
    • Grapes of Wrath
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 06:21:05 AM »
Slave Labor (2009) = anybody who works 40 hr. week and it still won’t cover there cost of living. May god help them if they get sick and have to go to the hospital or their car breaks down.
Washington D.C. is Terrorist head quarters. Globalist Politics
Illegal Labor and Illegal Labor practices are but some of their weapons.
New World Order Lovers. SATAN’s PAWNS burn baby burn.

Georgetown Democrat

  • Guest
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 06:13:25 PM »
Specter hit the nail on the head. As for matter of opinion, however...

The Right to Work law is the example of all examples. That's a matter of fact.

It was the republicans in this state and country that used the word compassionate as a election tool. I am so sorry
that for decades in this state they haven't lived up to it.

Again, facts will speak volumes when the incentives are shared.

It's also sad you think a job is a job. No. People are underemployed in this state - and it hurts.

Wake up.

matter of fact

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 10:33:25 PM »
I've never seen a hospital turn away someone who was sick and needed care. It’s the Law

If someone applies themselves they can go to any university in this State. If they are poor they can get grants. That’s a free education.  They can become anything they want to be. But they must first make the effort in this great land of opportunity.

Don't tell me that some people aren't smart enough to go to college. We all went to the same public schools (the ones in privates schools are not going to get the grants and already have their silver spoons, so we wont count them)

If the government’s public school system has failed them.  Ask yourself, why did they fail, while others succeeded?  Answer: Because they didn’t apply themselves.

There’s still hope, they can join the military and learn skills, a trade and discipline. They can get their GED and go to a tech schools. Again, if they are poor, they can get grants. But they must first apply themselves and make an effort.

We have people who come to this country legally every year. Some with nothing. Some have to over come many obstacles including language barriers, but they succeed. Why can't you or your slave labor pool?

Slave labor? Give me a break.   

Answer this very simple question:

How much, in dollars per hour, does a person have to make to be above your definition of "slave labor"?


It is you who needs to wake up and seize the opportunities that lie ahead of you!
The fruits of your labor await you, but you must first plant the tree, nurture it and harvest it's yield.
 -OR-
You can keep whining and hope government is going to give you someone else's fruit.

Specter

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 452
  • A Victim has the right to fight back.
    • Grapes of Wrath
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2009, 07:28:32 AM »
Matter of fact “I've never seen a hospital turn away someone who was sick and needed care. It’s the Law”

Me>There have been a couple of stories in the times about legal citizens being turned away at the Georgetown hospital (pre. 1998 this was all pre illegal labor invasion).

Somebody has got to pay for health care for the US Chamber’s illegal labor plan.
 
“Don't tell me that some people aren't smart enough to go to college.”

Me>Intelligence is not defined by a degree if it were we would not have the problems in this Country that we have now. There are many reasons people can’t go to collage time, money and prior responsibility to name but a few.
 
“We have people who come to this country legally every year. Some with nothing. Some have to over come many obstacles including language barriers, but they succeed. Why can't you or your slave labor pool?”

Me>We also have these funny little programs that hold some people back because they are of the wrong race, sex, nationality or have the wrong sexual preference IP comes to mind.

There should be a law how many times a person can be held back because of some quota program. I am all for helping people but there is a limit.

“How much, in dollars per hour, does a person have to make to be above your definition of "slave labor"?”

Me>To me it’s not so much per hour as it is getting at least a cost of living raise’s. When people on the low end of the pay scale don’t get a cost of living raise they are bound to lose there fiscal standing in other words there cost of living goes up but wages are stagnant so they loss money every year they work there.

 Nowadays many employers just want to lock in a pay rate and say well that’s what the job pay’s


“It is you who needs to wake up and seize the opportunities that lie ahead of you!
The fruits of your labor await you, but you must first plant the tree, nurture it and harvest it's yield. “
 
Me>There are laws in place to see that people have this opportunity get rid of illegal labor. Liberty and Justice for ALL legal citizens of the USA.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 11:34:37 AM by Specter »
Washington D.C. is Terrorist head quarters. Globalist Politics
Illegal Labor and Illegal Labor practices are but some of their weapons.
New World Order Lovers. SATAN’s PAWNS burn baby burn.

Lee Padgett

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2090
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 08:32:59 AM »
If a hospital emergency room turns away someone because of the inability to pay, they have BROKEN THE LAW. GMH should never have done this is, if the articles were even true and not modified to suit the papers needs. BTW can you back your claim up with links to the articles.
 Hospitals and doctors have their rates jacked up to cover indigent and underinsured. Basically we have national healthcare to a degree.

With the lottery there is now no financial excuse in this state for anyone who wants to attend a tech college. I took a class several years ago and if I would have taken a few more hours all I would have had to pay was parking pass and books. That was for part time. Dedicating oneself to college is something some people are not willing to do. I walked away from Winthrop College in the 80's because I hated the rigid schedule and math classes.

Affirmative action and unions in this day of instant media and 24/7 news are needless. Most employers have formed their own policies to prohibit any type of unethical hiring practices. I am not saying discrimination doesn't still exist it is just harder to use it when hiring.

When wages are forced up and profits are not there--What happens? Layoffs, firings, cuts elsewhere, moves to foreign countries. To each and every action there is an opposite and equal reaction.. We can all survive on what we make. I spent years as a free spirit moving around the country and having several roommates crammed into small apartments working one or two min. wage jobs. I finally tired of that and put some roots down so to speak. If the govs. of this country would quit spending like the taxpayers are an Amex card we would all be fine. When a minimum of 25% of the lowest wages earners income is spent on taxes that HURTS.

If people and governments would learn to live on a budget this discussion would not even be happening. The city of Gtown replaced at least one truck this past year mainly for poor maintenance of it the dept head was scolded. When I find the minutes I will post it. They also bought a number of other items, threw in a debt mil. a water rate hike and purchased a million dollar plus property with seemingly no consequence to the citizens. Then to have Ms. Miller tell Mr. Bradly at a council meeting 12/17 that this GO bond was not a financial encumbrance to the citizens is a prime example of why there is no moey for raises or basic needs. The city spent 75,000 to have the electrical rates assessed. When I find those minutes I will post here to provide documentation. But if any of you have the time go to the city's website or click this link         http://www.cogsc.com/councilminutes.aspx
 to read the minutes and see how your money is spent. It will frustrate you to the point of never missing a meeting or wanting to have your voice heard.

"The death of objectivism and small government can be attributed to emotional politics." Liberty Laura

Specter

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 452
  • A Victim has the right to fight back.
    • Grapes of Wrath
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2009, 10:01:45 AM »
Lee “When wages are forced up and profits are not there--What happens? Layoffs, firings, cuts elsewhere,moves to foreign countries. To each and every action there is an opposite and equal reaction..”

I agree the loss of trade tariff in the name of corporate profits it is a true travesty on our Countryand our purist of life liberty and happiness. As a Sovran Country we have been butchered in the name of corporate greed.


Keep in mind my subject is wage slaves when people make below say $9.00? an hour there is a fine line between the basics of life and the street ,their backs are against the wall. They should get a cost of living raise before any bonuses or raise’s for management or higher wage employees who are well above the line. Simple morality of a civilized country it keeps more people out of the street it also helps to keep crime down.

The trucks don’t move with out wheels. Profits come from the bottom up.
 To hell with trickle down.


“We can all survive on what we make.” ????

 Wake up; more and more people are becoming homeless every day because of this Failed Corporate Globalist endeavor in America.


“ I spent years as a free spirit moving around the country and having several roommates crammed into small apartments working one or two min. wage jobs. I finally tired of that and put some roots down so to speak.”

Well how did your wife and kids like that?

“If the govs. of this country would quit spending like the taxpayers are an Amex card we would all be fine.”

Remember it was not a bunch of wage slaves that got BAILED OUT it was a bunch of bankers and wall street investor that lost there behinds Gambling on the Stock Market they all got there welfare checks.

Merry Xmass have a good day
Hal Roberts
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 11:40:23 AM by Specter »
Washington D.C. is Terrorist head quarters. Globalist Politics
Illegal Labor and Illegal Labor practices are but some of their weapons.
New World Order Lovers. SATAN’s PAWNS burn baby burn.

Sandersonsupporternomore

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 97
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2009, 10:37:59 AM »
Affirmative action and unions in this day of instant media and 24/7 news are needless. Most employers have formed their own policies to prohibit any type of unethical hiring practices. I am not saying discrimination doesn't still exist it is just harder to use it when hiring.


The steel worker union is a joke. The union is supposed to ensure the senior workers are brought back before the more junior members. Jamie Sanderson was brought back before more senior union members. Now Jamie will throw all kinds of excuses up but the fact is he got back in the mill after the shut down before men that were union members many years before him.

The union is the problem not the answer.

matter of fact

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2009, 04:52:41 PM »
Matter of fact “I've never seen a hospital turn away someone who was sick and needed care. It’s the Law”

Me>There have been a couple of stories in the times about legal citizens being turned away at the Georgetown hospital (pre. 1998 this was all pre illegal labor invasion). REPLY:  “pre. 1998”, are you kidding me? You’re going to use an undocumented newspaper story from 12 years ago to try to defend your position? Why didn’t you use the example from 1821, when there was no hospital and the doctor wouldn’t come to someone’s house because to was raining?

Somebody has got to pay for health care for the US Chamber’s illegal labor plan.
 
“Don't tell me that some people aren't smart enough to go to college.”

Me>Intelligence is not defined by a degree if it were we would not have the problems in this Country that we have now. REPLY  I think you’re confusing Intelligence with ignorance There are many reasons people can’t go to collage time, money and prior responsibility to name but a few.  REPLY:  “time, money and prior responsibility” are not reasons. They are excuses. When I went to college as full time student, I worked 20+ hours per week for about $3.00/ hour more than the minimum wage, My annual income was well below the so called poverty limit. 95% of what I did was work, school or study. I didn’t get any grants. Time and money is an excuse!  Previous responsibilities, like what? Having kids before you can afford them and then thinking government should pay for these kids. Buying a car or house you can’t afford?
 


“We have people who come to this country legally every year. Some with nothing. Some have to over come many obstacles including language barriers, but they succeed. Why can't you or your slave labor pool?”

Me>We also have these funny little programs that hold some people back because they are of the wrong race, sex, nationality or have the wrong sexual preference IP comes to mind. REPLY: “funny little program”??? Are these government programs?  Because last time I checked there are laws, like affirmative action, that prohibit such actions by employees. There are plenty of lawyers out there ready to take on these “funny little programs”

There should be a law how many times a person can be held back because of some quota program. I am all for helping people but there is a limit. REPLY I’m not sure what you wrote. Are you saying “some quota program” is holding people back? Maybe there should be a law that limits the number of years a person can be Union President, then more people can have a chance at that job.

“How much, in dollars per hour, does a person have to make to be above your definition of "slave labor"?”

Me>To me it’s not so much per hour as it is getting at least a cost of living raise’s. When people on the low end of the pay scale don’t get a cost of living raise they are bound to lose there fiscal standing in other words there cost of living goes up but wages are stagnant so they loss money every year they work there. REPLY: This was started by a claim of “slave labor” wages not supporting a person’s current cost of living.  I asked for a dollar amount that would eliminate this wage void. You couldn’t provide a simple dollar figure. Your answer was ridiculous based simple economics and on what you wrote previously.  Let me remind you what you wrote: “Slave Labor (2009) = anybody who works 40 hr. week and it still won’t cover there cost of living.” Well Spector: if they can’t cover their current cost of living and they get an increase based on cost of living (inflation), as you suggest would be fair, that equals a zero sum gain. This shows a total lack of understanding of basic economics on your part

 Nowadays many employers just want to lock in a pay rate and say well that’s what the job pay’s REPLY: Business are closing doors and laying off employees and you think employers should be forced to pay the employees more because inflation has gone  up. That will lead to more unemployment.  Let me remind you that inflation is the result of government spending more than it has, thus, making the dollar weak. Like the trillions we just spent that we didn’t have.

“It is you who needs to wake up and seize the opportunities that lie ahead of you!
The fruits of your labor await you, but you must first plant the tree, nurture it and harvest it's yield. “
 
Me>There are laws in place to see that people have this opportunity get rid of illegal labor. Liberty and Justice for ALL legal citizens of the USA REPLY: ??? What does your reply have to do with you, or others, seeking out and seizing the endless opportunities this great country has to offer?

Specter

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 452
  • A Victim has the right to fight back.
    • Grapes of Wrath
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2009, 07:08:58 PM »

Matter of fact “ REPLY: “funny little program”??? Are these government programs?  Because last time I checked there are laws, like affirmative action, that prohibit such actions by employees”.

>Your understanding of affirmative action is deferent than mine.

“There are plenty of lawyers out there ready to take on these “funny little programs”

>If you can’t afford the cost of living how are you going to pay 200.00-300.00 an hour to fight your employer?

 “Well Spector: if they can’t cover their current cost of living and they get an increase based on cost of living (inflation), as you suggest would be fair, that equals a zero sum gain. This shows a total lack of understanding of basic economics on your part”

>Something is better than nothing I can assure you I understand economics and I’m specking from past experience. 0 sum of gain is better than –3% of gain. I am using old school math.


“REPLY: Business are closing doors and laying off employees and you think employers should be forced to pay the employees more because inflation has gone up. That will lead to more unemployment.  Let me remind you that inflation is the result of government spending more than it has, thus, making the dollar weak. Like the trillions we just spent that we didn’t have.”

>I do realize businesses are closing doors and a lot of our industries have been ship oversees and left people without of a job. 12 million or more illegal alien are also a large burden and under cutting our wages and a added burden on our welfare system. Businesses are reaping the effect from it.

>All tools of the Globalist elite that have control

Homework food for thought IMHO
http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2009/12/is-kleptocracy-a-relevant-term-for-discussion-about-the-origins-of-the-crisis.html

The rest of your stuff don’t merit a reply at this time. :-*
Washington D.C. is Terrorist head quarters. Globalist Politics
Illegal Labor and Illegal Labor practices are but some of their weapons.
New World Order Lovers. SATAN’s PAWNS burn baby burn.

matter of fact

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2009, 10:54:45 PM »
MATTER OF FACT ““funny little program”??? Are these government programs?  Because last time I checked there are laws, like affirmative action, that prohibit such actions by employers”.

SPECTER: Your understanding of affirmative action is deferent than mine.

REPLY: It looks like you need to bone up on affirmative action. For your benefit I post two different sources for you.

1)  (n) affirmative action (a policy designed to redress past discrimination against women and minority groups through measures to improve their economic and educational opportunities) "affirmative action has been extremely controversial and was challenged in 1978 in the Bakke decision"

2) The term affirmative action refers to policies that take race, ethnicity, physical disabilities, military career, or sex into consideration in an attempt to promote equal opportunity or increase ethnic or other forms of diversity. The focus of such policies ranges from employment and education to public contracting and health programs. The impetus towards affirmative action is twofold: to maximize diversity in all levels of society, along with its presumed benefits, and to redress perceived disadvantages due to overt, institutional, or involuntary discrimination. Opponents argue that it promotes reverse discrimination.


MATTER OF FACT: “There are plenty of lawyers out there ready to take on these “funny little programs”

SPECTER: If you can’t afford the cost of living how are you going to pay 200.00-300.00 an hour to fight your employer?

REPLY: Lawyers take contingency cases all the time cases, but the case has to have merit and be legitimate. There lies your problem!

MATTER OF FACT: “Well Spector: if they can’t cover their current cost of living and they get an increase based on cost of living (inflation), as you suggest would be fair, that equals a zero sum gain. This shows a total lack of understanding of basic economics on your part”

SPECTER: Something is better than nothing I can assure you I understand economics and I’m specking from past experience. 0 sum of gain is better than –3% of gain. I am using old school math.

REPLY: Your old math won’t put you in a better position.  Assume the business does not layoff anyone after you impose mandatory 3% pay increase. If every business must to pay each employee 3% more each year, the business will merely tack it on to the cost of doing business and pass it on to the consumers. The consumer is the person who just got a 3% increase. The business knew the increase was coming so it increased prices. The consumer goes to the store and find his money buys 3% less, but he has 3% more to spend.  A zero sum gain. I am surprised you don’t have a better understanding business and economics. 

 “MATTER OF FACT: Businesses are closing doors and laying off employees and you think employers should be forced to pay the employees more because inflation has gone up. That will lead to more unemployment.  Let me remind you that inflation is the result of government spending more than it has, thus, making the dollar weak. Like the trillions we just spent that we didn’t have.”

SPECTER: I do realize businesses are closing doors and a lot of our industries have been ship oversees and left people without of a job. 12 million or more illegal alien are also a large burden and under cutting our wages and a added burden on our welfare system. Businesses are reaping the effect from it.

REPLY: If business are “reaping the effect” of this illegal alien work force, Why are they closing up or laying off? If is such a great deal why close the doors? Keep ‘em so you can keep “reaping” the rewards. You say you realize businesses are closing, but in the same paragraph businesses are reaping it in. Your argument is beyond reason.

>All tools of the Globalist elite that have control

Homework food for thought IMHO
http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2009/12/is-kleptocracy-a-relevant-term-for-discussion-about-the-origins-of-the-crisis.html

SPECTER: The rest of your stuff don’t merit a reply at this time. 

REPLY: Its better that you didn’t reply to the rest of my “stuff”, you already look foolish enough as it is.

Specter

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 452
  • A Victim has the right to fight back.
    • Grapes of Wrath
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2009, 10:00:09 AM »

My original post
Keep in mind my subject is wage slaves when people make below say $9.00? an hour there is a fine line between the basics of life and the street, their backs are against the wall.>>>> They should get a cost of living raise before any bonuses or raise’s for management or higher wage employees who are well above the line.<<<< Simple morality of a civilized country it keeps more people out of the street it also helps to keep crime down.

SPECTER: Something is better than nothing I can assure you I understand economics and I’m specking from past experience. 0 sum of gain is better than –3% of gain. I am using old school math.

M of F-REPLY: Your old math won’t put you in a better position.  Assume the business does not layoff anyone after you impose mandatory 3% pay increase.>>>> If every business must to pay each (just the wage slaves) employee 3% more each year, the business will merely tack it on to the cost of doing business and pass it on to the consumers.<<<<The consumer is the person who just got a 3% increase. The business knew the increase was coming so it increased prices. The consumer goes to the store and find his money buys 3% less, but he has 3% more to spend.  A zero sum gain. I am surprised you don’t have a better understanding business and economics.

Me>If no raises are given out then no one gets a raise. But if the company plans to give a raise your wage slaves should be first. Why because people work to make a living if they can’t make a living they must find a new job and the company needs lower wage employees to maximize its task completion.

If you have 100 employees and 10 get a 3% cost of living wage that’s not a 3% increase on your bottom line.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
SPECTER: I do realize businesses are closing doors and a lot of our industries have been ship oversees and left people without of a job. 12 million or more illegal alien are also a large burden and under cutting our wages and a added burden on our welfare system. Businesses are reaping the effect from it.

M of F” REPLY: If business are “reaping the effect” of this illegal alien work force, Why are they closing up or laying off? If is such a great deal why close the doors? Keep ‘em so you can keep “reaping” the rewards. You say you realize businesses are closing, but in the same paragraph businesses are reaping it in. Your argument is beyond reason.”

Me>To reap an effect can be positive or negative in this case it is a negative effect. Illegal labor hurts the economy because it cuts wage levels and puts legal citizens out of a job. They can’t pay their bills and they don’t spend money. So business gets screwed but don’t get me wrong the ones working illegal labor at cut rates probably do all right as long as the law leaves them alone. But the rest of us pay dearly for it.
Washington D.C. is Terrorist head quarters. Globalist Politics
Illegal Labor and Illegal Labor practices are but some of their weapons.
New World Order Lovers. SATAN’s PAWNS burn baby burn.

matter of fact

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2009, 09:08:03 AM »
Specter:

I can’t believe you justified stealing for people who make less than $9.00/ hour. Read your first paragraph again. You wrote paying people more money “keeps more people out of the street it also helps to keep crime down”

You miss some very important points and you have limited knowledge about business, economics and basic human nature.

As a business owner, I can tell you anyone who is making less than $9.00/hour and doesn’t earn themselves an increase of some sort during the year is probably over paid. I have never hired anyone for less than $9.00/hour, but you have to have a skill. A good employee is hard to find and contrary to what you think, employers will pay more when the employee proves themselves to earn it. I’ve had employees who within five months of hire were making nearly double what they started at.  You have so many excuses about what holds people back you can’t see it’s themselves. I have never met a hard worker that didn’t succeed.

Your plan to give wage earners who make less than $9/hour an automatic 3% increase is a divisive, disincentive, socialistic, and a basic Union ploy. 

There’s a reason these employees are making the least amount of money in the company is they are the least valuable. They may not be as; productive, they may lack skills or experience and they have not prepared themselves for the job market.   

Under your plan what incentive do they have to do better or improve themselves when an automatic, government imposed, raise will be coming without effort?

Under your plan, a company’s budget for raises, that should go to the employees who have; contributed more to the company’s success, learned more new skills, have more experience, and have been more productive, now goes to someone who has not earned it.  This causes divisiveness, resentment and does not create an incentive to do better, especially in tough economic times when money is tight on both sides. I already know your answer to this. You’ll say; “what about the lower paid worker’s resentment (envy) that his fellow employee makes more than him?” I say if his fellow employee can do it, what’s his excuse? Learn a skill, be more productive.

For years unions have used your plan. You may not have recognized it.  The tactic is to fight to increase the minimum wage. The union pushes these increases under the guise of help for the minimum wage earners. Truth is the Union doesn’t “care” about the minimum wage earner. When the minimum wage goes up, by government mandate, it makes it easier for the union to negotiate increases for their members, because they can claim a gap change decrease in pay. In fact some contracts have this clause in them. It’s a boondoggle. The Union touts they got their members a raise when, in fact, it merely equalized the effect of the cost of goods and services going up and minimum wage going.  The net result: a zero sum gain for everyone.

I can’t believe you can’t comprehend this simple economic circle. 
Minimum wage goes up, cost of goods and services go up, other wages go up, cost of goods and services go up, everyone making more, but everything cost more, Repeat.

Your plan would also lead to layoffs. Contrary to what you might think, there is only a limited budget a company has for wages, including raises, If the least productive, most inexperienced employees automatically get all the available money for raises, by fiat, there’s only one way to give the employees, who actually earned it, a raise. Cut cost. The fastest way to cut cost is to layoff worker, and (non-union) companies don’t layoff their best or most productive workers.

Your Statement: “If you have 100 employees and 10 get a 3% cost of living wage that’s not a 3% increase on your bottom line.” In order to operate a company that compensates its workers fairly, based on the contributions the worker gives to the company, sooner of later those other 90 employees are going to have to a raise. Since under your plan every business is faced with the same pay raise requirements, every business will either raise their prices, layoff or both to give these employees a raise they deserve and your plan denies.

The result is a zero sum gain.

There’s a saying “give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach him to fish and he’ll eat for a life time.”

Your plan gives him a fish, when he needs learn to fish.  Learning to fish requires an effort, of more than holding a hand out, on the part of the fisherman.

Specter

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 452
  • A Victim has the right to fight back.
    • Grapes of Wrath
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2009, 10:12:24 AM »
MF>”Your plan to give wage earners who make less than $9/hour an automatic 3% increase
There’s a reason these employees are making the least amount of money in the company is they are the least valuable. They may not be as; productive, they may lack skills or experience and they have not prepared themselves for the job market.   
Under your plan what incentive do they have to do better or improve themselves when an automatic, government imposed, raise will be coming without effort? “

I understand your reasoning but I think you are looking at the micro economy as opposed to the macro economy, These are unique times we need to stop the bleeding we need to sure up our foundation that would mean the little guy has to regain his ability to be a consumer in stead of a dead weight.

Sometimes you got to give a little to get a little. Profit comes from the bottom up!

 The purchasing power of the little guy is much larger and diverse not because of how much he has but because of the sheer numbers of them spending. This will stimulate the economy faster and put in a fiscal floor. When thing get going again you can get back to your SOS.

This is not a time for micro management its time for management and higher ups to become the good shepherd and put their raises and bonus’s aside to jump start the economy again. By way of the little guy. Profit comes from the bottom up!

MF>For years unions have used your plan. You may not have recognized it.  The tactic is to fight to increase the minimum wage. The union pushes these increases under the guise of help for the minimum wage earners.”

MF likes to put words in peoples mouth I never said anything about minimum wage or Unions. I see minimum wage as an over worked tool but you got to have it when I started working the minimum wage was $1.35 an hour. I don’t think that would be a suitable minimum wage for to day so it must be raised at times. Unions have there good points and there bad point I found that unions generally have more politics and in fighting than most other jobs.

MF>“There’s a saying “give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach him to fish and he’ll eat for a life time.”
Your plan gives him a fish, when he needs learn to fish.  Learning to fish requires an effort, of more than holding a hand out, on the part of the fisherman.”

Good example we use to have a fair sized fishing industry here, but with the removal of our trade tariffs foreign Countries have been allowed to flood the country with cheep products and slammed Americas fishing industry, which is one more knife in the back of the American economy.



MF “a divisive, disincentive, socialistic, and a basic Union ploy. “

Remember it was not a bunch of wage slaves that got BAILED OUT it was a bunch of bankers and wall street investor that lost there behinds Gambling on the Stock Market they all got there welfare checks.

Profits come from the bottom up.
 To hell with trickle down.
Washington D.C. is Terrorist head quarters. Globalist Politics
Illegal Labor and Illegal Labor practices are but some of their weapons.
New World Order Lovers. SATAN’s PAWNS burn baby burn.

matter of fact

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2009, 10:46:09 PM »
Stop the bleeding?  Of what?  How about the Businesses who employee people? When governments tells a business you must pay more and there is no more, people get laid off.  I can see it now: “Guys , there will be no raises for anyone this year because we have to pay the new guy who doesn’t have your skill level first” .  Forced wage increase and denial of increases to those who deserve it  will lead to layoff.  End of story.

====
Profits do not come from the bottom. Who made the investment to create the business?  Who developed the business plan? Who priced the product? Who determined the size of work force needed to be profitable? Who made the product? Who sold the product? Profits come from many place and many levels with in a business. The lowest wage earners do not make the major contributing force to the profit. If they did they would be earning more and wouldn't be the first to get laid off when profits got tight. Guaranteed!
====
I was not putting words in your mouth, I said:  “For years unions have used your plan. You may not have recognized it.”  I was comparing what you want to do with what the union already does. And it doesn’t work.  No matter how I try to simplify the point you just do get it. If you force businesses to pay more wages,  no matter how few employees get the raise, cost of goods will go up( or layoffs) to off set the cost. If the cost of goods  go up, the guy who makes $12/hour now is making less by comparison. He wants a raise. So you give him a raise, and prices jump again, . . . . . . . . . . . .
====
Specter wrote :“The purchasing power of the little guy is much larger and diverse not because of how much he has but because of the sheer numbers of them spending.”

In your previous posts you were talking about mandatory pay increases for just the people who make less than $9/hr.  There are not huge numbers of head of house hold wage earner making less than $9/hr. compared to all wage earners.  According to you, these people can not afford the basic necessities, yet now they have diverse spending habits.  This doesn’t make sense. If they can barely make ends meet, they don’t have diverse spending habit. Rent, food, beer, cigs and lotto tickets, I hardly call that diverse.

====
You used the term dead weight.

A dead weight will sink to the bottom, unless it learns to swim. The incentive to learn to swim will not only make the dead weight buoyant, but will allow the dead weight to chart a direction only limited by his will and desire. His targets are innumerable, but he must first make the effort to learn to swim.

Specter

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 452
  • A Victim has the right to fight back.
    • Grapes of Wrath
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 11:18:50 AM »
Matter of fact ??? Businessperson?
MF“Profits do not come from the bottom. Who made the investment to create the business?  Who developed the business plan? Who priced the product? Who determined the size of work force needed to be profitable? Who made the product? Who sold the product? Profits come from many place and many levels with in a business.”

Me>Investors are usually paid back with interest if they’re lucky. That is a big expense to your business or product.

Your business plan should have a lot of time and research in it. That is an expense.

Pricing your product time and research. That is an expense.

Your best manufacturing or service method time and research. That is an expense.

Who will sell the product time research and advertising? That is a big expense.

What did you get your degree in Journalism it sure wasn’t Business……

Now if you play your cards right and you make it 1 full year in business and you will have to go to see a accountant who intern will bill these things out as business expenses and you will be able to write them off against your Taxes. This is not an opinion it’s a fact Matter of Fact.

 All that being said you missed one big major part of your business plan that would be your target Consumer group. The larger the consumer group the better and any nitch markets this is varey important part of your business plan because this is where you hope to bring in your sales and PROFITS from. THE BIGER THE Better.


MF“The lowest wage earners do not make the major contributing force to the profit. If they did they would be earning more and wouldn't be the first to get laid off when profits got tight. Guaranteed! “
Me>Someone has to do the work unless you have a bunch of little gnomes that come in and do it for you at night. (Micro problem)

(Macro problem) The wage slaves need the cost of living wage increase to remain A CONSUMER to help drive the economy of the NATION forward. When wage slaves get their money they have to spend it. It’s better to have workers STIMULATE the economy than the Government. When people fall onto the welfare rolls they become a bigger burden on our economy. Which means more taxes.

Most of your high end wage earners stick there money in a account somewhere and don’t spend it this has a negative effect on the economy. It is estimated that 75% of the money that was in the stock market is now on the sideline’s doing next to nothing.

Washington D.C. is Terrorist head quarters. Globalist Politics
Illegal Labor and Illegal Labor practices are but some of their weapons.
New World Order Lovers. SATAN’s PAWNS burn baby burn.

matter of fact

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 08:28:51 PM »
Specter : I really can’t believe the ignorance you displayed in your latest post.

While it is difficult to determine what point you are trying to make, As I read your latest argument, your premise is that because something is an “expense” it has nothing to do with profits.

This is absurd.

Let’s start with your claim that “profits come from the bottom up”. 

What is the “bottom” you are referring too?  I assume you are referring to “Labor” or “the workforce.”   

Earth to Specter; “Labor” is an expense.  In fact it is one of a business’s largest expenses.

Based on what you just posted about all these “expense” I listed, profits can not come from the “bottom”  because labor is also an “expense.”   Your post claims expenses are tax write offs and have nothing to do with profits.

You wrote: “Now if you play your cards right and you make it 1 full year in business and you will have to go to see a accountant who intern will bill these things out as business expenses and you will be able to write them off against your Taxes. This is not an opinion it’s a fact Matter of Fact.”   

What a ridiculous statement in the context of what we are discussing.

If all of those expense are LESS this year than last year, and you sold the same number of units, at the same price, Guess what?   You have more PROFIT.  That is what your accountant is going to tell you!  Just because it is an expense item doesn’t mean it does not contribute to profit.

I will simplify this for you:

Profit is what is leftover after expenses are subtracted from revenues. If anyone  of those expenses go down, it represents a positive result to the company’s profit. If any one those expenses go up, it represents a negative result to the company’s profit.

As I pointed out profits do not exclusively come from the bottom, Profits come from many areas within a company, by those areas reducing their “expense”. 

Specter wrote:  The wage slaves need the cost of living wage increase to remain A CONSUMER to help drive the economy of the NATION forward. When wage slaves get their money they have to spend it. It’s better to have workers STIMULATE the economy than the Government. When people fall onto the welfare rolls they become a bigger burden on our economy. Which means more taxes.

 The so called wage slaves can earn more . . . if they learn more. You just don’t get it. The day government make  a businessman give an employee a raise he doesn’t earn is the day that employee is no longer employed.

Specter wrote: “Most of your high end wage earners stick there money in a account somewhere and don’t spend it this has a negative effect on the economy. It is estimated that 75% of the money that was in the stock market is now on the sideline’s doing next to nothing.

The statement above shows more ignorance.  If the money was removed from the stock market, as you claim,  It wasn’t put under a mattress. It was put in to a financial institution or invested somewhere else, where it becomes available for other uses.

Lee Padgett

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2090
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2010, 10:51:12 AM »
Specter,

Those who invest in a business do it to see a return on that investment. That is not a business expense. That is operating capital. When profits come in and investors make a dime or two there is double taxation that follows. The capital gains on the investment. The profit the business made to pay the investor. Labor is not an expense that is removed from taxes. Labor actually costs businesses in taxes. The matching FICA and Medicare contributions are not tax exempt. They are more taxes a business pays.  Most small businesses pay more than minimum wage. It is the nationwide companies who screw the American workforce. McDonalds, Dollar General and Wal Mart to name a few. Small businesses without national name recognition have to fight against this by offering higher salaries for better employees and in turn charging higher prices to compensate for this. All the minimum wage increases do is make it harder for small business compete against the behemoths of this country.

And btw the little gnomes you refer to are the slave wage earners that work in sweat shops in foreign companies producing everything that is massed consumed in this country. Hence our industry not being able to compete. When the playing field is level you will see a huge difference in this nation. So attack foreign based companies for slave wages and really make a difference in someones life.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 03:27:27 PM by Lee Padgett »
"The death of objectivism and small government can be attributed to emotional politics." Liberty Laura

Specter

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 452
  • A Victim has the right to fight back.
    • Grapes of Wrath
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2010, 02:41:28 PM »


MF>“Let’s start with your claim that “profits come from the bottom up”. 
What is the “bottom” you are referring too?

ME>The Consumer the point of sale that is where your revenue comes from.


 MF>I assume you are referring to “Labor” or “the workforce.” 

All labor serves a duel roll in the economy while at work they are an expense to the business. When they get off from work they become a consumer within our economy.


MF>“Earth to Specter; “Labor” is an expense.  In fact it is one of a business’s largest expenses.”

 Lee>” Labor is not an expense that is removed from taxes. Labor actually costs businesses in taxes.”

Me> I never said labor was not an expense in any of my post. (Reading comprehension)


MF>“If all of those expense are LESS this year than last year, and you sold the same number of units, at the same price, Guess what?   You have more PROFIT.”

Me>Yes you can cut expense and show a larger profit. But all that should have been done with your business plan in the first place and they are still expenses.

 
MF>The so called wage slaves can earn more . . . if they learn more. You just don’t get it. The day government make  a businessman give an employee a raise he doesn’t earn is the day that employee is no longer employed.

Me>Two thing here 1st every year a employee dose not get a cost of living pay raise he will be making that much less money, it’s the same thing as getting a pay cut.
2nd I did not say the government should make the employer give a raise you would think that the captains of industry would understand that the little guys as a group are a larger consumer group and are the best bet to stimulate the economy.

Unemployment questions and answers? Keep the wage slaves employed

Me>Specter wrote:  The wage slaves need the cost of living wage increase to remain A CONSUMER to help drive the economy of the NATION forward. When wage slaves get their money they have to spend it. It’s better to have workers STIMULATE the economy than the Government. When people fall onto the welfare rolls they become a bigger burden on our economy. Which means more taxes.

ME>This is not a time for micro management its time for management and higher ups to become the good shepherd and put their raises and bonus’s aside to jump start the economy again. By way of the little guy.

Me>Specter wrote: “Most of your high end wage earners stick there money in a account somewhere and don’t spend it this has a negative effect on the economy. It is estimated that 75% of the money that was in the stock market is now on the sideline’s doing next to nothing.

Lee>The statement above shows more ignorance.  If the money was removed from the stock market, as you claim,  It wasn’t put under a mattress. It was put in to a financial institution or invested somewhere else, where it becomes available for other uses.

Me>That money is sitting in holding accounts drawing 1 or 2 % interest from some financial institution who intern are getting federal bailout funds and not giving out any loans and aren’t allowed to invest it because the people who own the money are afraid of the Stock Market and rightfully so. Stagnate money not stimulating the economy.


Lee>All the minimum wage increases do is make it harder for small business compete against the behemoths of this country.

Me> I’m all for Trade Tariff.
 This Country was formed for a way of life not some business or corporate global  interest.
Dam the Globalist and that Small Business Organization US Chamber of Commerce and Illegal Labor.
Washington D.C. is Terrorist head quarters. Globalist Politics
Illegal Labor and Illegal Labor practices are but some of their weapons.
New World Order Lovers. SATAN’s PAWNS burn baby burn.

Lee Padgett

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2090
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2010, 04:06:30 PM »
NOT MY QUOTE--
Lee>The statement above shows more ignorance.  If the money was removed from the stock market, as you claim,  It wasn’t put under a mattress. It was put in to a financial institution or invested somewhere else, where it becomes available for other uses. That would be MoF.

However, I do agree. Money invested is capital available.

I would like to make it clear I was not for the TARP program. I do not believe in mega-monster banks. I prefer to keep my money and business with First Citizens and The Exchange Bank of SC. They are state and local. One has a stress test issue one does not. Wachovia, B of A and the rest can collapse as far as I am concerned. The competition to be the biggest and bestest ( that word sent Mozilla over the edge) screwed the American people over. It has screwed small businesses that rely on loans for capital purchases or to keep doors open long enough to weather this recession. All this leading to massive unemployment as businesses cannot make the basic rent and lights payments.

BTW money sitting "stagnant" as you say earning 1-2% interest is supposed to be there for operating capital for the bank in which it sits. Any banking institution not making loans to deserving clients should be punished. 

The de-regulation under Clinton of some banking practices helped move us to this. We need to move to a state oversight on banking and let each state provide watchdog services, regulations , etc to put even the mega-monster banks under more oversight as to what they are doing and how.
Too big to fail is also too big to control.

And no based on my limited reading comprehension you never directly said "Labor is an expense" but everything you pointed out as expenses are all labor provided items, making labor (ta dah) an expense.

Anywho this thing has gotten so splintered my ADD is out of control and time to move on. Have Fun Spec and MoF.

You say this country was founded for a way of life not some business or global corporate interest. I agree.
There is too much Fed. interference in everything and we need to return some of the state's powers back them to get on track. The ever growing Fed Gov. has taken us to a nationalized level and the ever growing World Govern. is taking us to a global level that we may never return from.  So -- Make minimum wage a state issue. Let Fed. unemployment funds be governed by states. Let everything return to local status and we may see a much better standard of living head our way.

Put your money where your mouth is and refuse to shop at any Corporate store. Shop at local businesses and national names under local franchises.



You say the little guy (which I am) is the driving force of the economy---News at Eleven--the little guy spends the majority of their income to live and pay for life's necessities not for luxury items. The major purchasers of non essentials are the higher income earners. Those who feel they are taxed to death and yes try to find sources in which to hide funds so they do not lose 50% or better of it to taxes. 
"The death of objectivism and small government can be attributed to emotional politics." Liberty Laura

Unemployed

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 66
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2010, 06:48:14 PM »
How many of the little guys hire Illegal aliens?  If you can't afford to comply with the laws then don't open a business.  As far  as the State s having more control  really scares me.  I can see South Carolina throwing out OSHA, FDA, FAA and other Fed. Gov. rules.  Why?  Too make more money.  I look to the Federal Goverment as a Guardian Angel.  I know there are some who say they want less gov in their lives.  I wish you could see their faces when I ask them to please explain why they say that.  They fumble all over themselves trying to be politically correct.  So sad!!

matter of fact

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2010, 12:15:47 AM »
For Unemployed: The more Government, the less freedom, plain and simple.  Fumble over that!

Specter: Every time you write something it shows that you really don't understand the inter workings of business, taxes, expense, revenues and profits.

You initially said "profits come from the bottom up". Based on the context of what you had posted at that time, you were referring to low wage earners. When I asked: What is the “bottom” you are referring too?  You answered: "The Consumer the point of sale that is where your revenue comes from."  So the "bottom" is now the consumer and that is where profits come from?  Wrong. If profits came from the consumer every company that sold something, to a consumer, would be profitable.

You can't stay on the same page with your argument.

You at least know that revenues come from the consumer. 

You obviously don't know what profits are or where profits are derived. even after I explained it to you in an earlier post.

You think labor is a tax write off.  Lee tried to explain to you, but you still don't get it. 

I could go on, but I will save you the pain of further embarrassment.

Lee Padgett

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2090
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2010, 10:47:55 PM »
Unemployment, I wish you could see my face as I explain why we need less government. We have 600 plus people sitting in Washington thinking of and creating ways to do the best for those they are beholden-ed to. They do not do what is best for the masses. They can retire with full salary. This is an elected position. One that should have a stipend for any inconveniences incurred with travel and such, not 174,000 plus a year. When they get to Washington they get health insurance that is the envy of the country. If you looked at Jamie's link he provided on what the House of Reps spends just to run it's affairs it was over 400,000,000. Think of what companies and taxpayers could do with that type of expendable income. When you add the Senate (who got a raise last year) into the fray I would wager we are looking at close to a billion dollars for these slackers to sit there and think of ways to spend our money. My dad is in renal failure and on Railroad Medicare, he also is on the SCHIP (which costs over 900 per month) program to assist with the Dialysis bills. Every month he gets a minimum of 18 envelopes with a minimum of 3 pages of explanation of benefits regarding his care. If he has a doctor or hospital visit the mail carrier needs a wheel barrow to get the envelopes to the door. This is one reason we need less gov. The paperwork alone is a huge waste. Thousands of trees cut down every year for medicare and medicaid recipients. You want something done about global warming. GET ONLINE medical records. Save the taxpayers millions in envelopes, postage and 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Tell Nancy Pelosi to put her money (all 223,500) where her mouth is and fly commercial and reduce her carbon footprint. Tell Al Gore to at least cut his 4000 per month light bill in half. I have been a hardcore democrat for 25 years and the actions of these sanctimonious idiots have turned me against them. I believe in standing on PRINCIPAL.  When we are supposedly in such a dire climate crisis and everyone jets off to Copenhagen to discuss it, seems counterproductive to me. We have enough hot air out there with all the CO2. Tell them to shut up and do what is right for the people not the special interests. When gov gets involved we end up with 800$ hammers and toilet seats. When they learn to cut the bureaucracy and paperwork trail, more respect might be headed their way. Clinton began a drive to cut some of this but it went by the wayside.
When one sees the requisite 5 guys staring down as one digs a hole on the side of the road you wonder why the DOT needs so much money. When Georgetown has a water department, one has to wonder why we need a separate division called Storm Water depart. This type of excessive waste only fuels anger in those who have a slight inkling in any sort of fiscal awareness.
I realize this is rambling but sometimes stream of consciousness is the only way to go. And on this one I could go all night.
"The death of objectivism and small government can be attributed to emotional politics." Liberty Laura

GTOWN BUSINESS OWNER

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 175
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2010, 04:57:42 PM »
quote by Lee Padgett - "I have been a hardcore democrat for 25 years and the actions of these sanctimonious idiots have turned me against them. I believe in standing on PRINCIPAL."

Lee, don't feel bad about being a democrat.  I know a lot of fine people who are still democrats.  It is just that as people tend to educate themselves, decide to stand on PRINCIPAL, and start to feel that we should not pay for the government to give everything to people who are not willing to work for it, they tend to stop being a democrat.  Sounds like you are starting to come around.  Congratulations to you. 

You'll be calling yourself an independent soon and a republican in a few years.  I know that may be a lot to swallow but you'll see.  You may even want to print this post and keep it for a few years down the road.  You may want to know who said all of this first.

Good luck to you.  And thanks for keeping us updated on what city council is doing.

GBO

Marty Tennant

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5786
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
Re: Unemployment questions and answers?
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2010, 05:59:07 PM »
"If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain."

Source Unknown - but attributed to Churchill, George Bernard Shaw, Benjamin Disraeli, Otto von Bismarck, and others.
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.