The Citizens' Report
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 08:43:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25249 Posts in 4024 Topics by 320 Members
Latest Member: SMW
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Citizens' Report
|-+  South Carolina
| |-+  Georgetown County SC
| | |-+  Politics and Current Events
| | | |-+  Georgetown City is corrupt
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Georgetown City is corrupt  (Read 2257 times)
Sick of the corruption
« on: July 22, 2006, 08:21:23 AM »

This is how corrupt police officers should be treated. Not like what happened here in the City of Georgetown where police officers are let off for stealing from suspects, council members are not charged for stealing vehicles. {edited}

Police officer charged with stealing money being held as evidence
Associated Press
COLUMBIA, S.C. - A former Allendale police officer has been charged with stealing thousands of dollars that was being held by police as evidence of a crime.

Juan Nevarez, 40, of Barnwell was arrested Friday and charged with grand larceny and misconduct in office, the State Law Enforcement Division said.

Between April and June, Nevarez took $4,680, which was being stored at the police department, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

Nevarez was being held Friday in the Allendale County jail.

Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 10:50:07 AM »

As I recall, the City cop who took $500 from an illegal alien was fired (or maybe he resigned)  and barred from ever being in law enforcement in the State.  No criminal charges were filed.  He could go somewhere else and do the same thing I guess, if someone is stupid enough to hire him in law enforcement.

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: