Author Topic: Southern Coastal Cable Internet/Phone Out of Service?  (Read 34543 times)

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
Re: Southern Coastal Cable Internet/Phone Out of Service?
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2010, 06:59:13 PM »
I don't see how SCC/Charlton can survive this fiasco.  He appears to me to be going DOWN based on his customer defections I am seeing.

Perhaps he will sell his infrastructure to HTC and we can have three real phone companies (Frontier/HTC/TWC) competing for our business.

Ron has a history of building systems and selling them.

Oh, I forgot, our city council doesn't want HTC to be in business in Georgetown.  Never mind!
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

Lee Padgett

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2010, 07:39:41 PM »
Back up and running on SCC for the time being. Based on my conversations with council members back when HTC wanted to come in and were denied again, all they wanted was a "tax base" here so to speak. An office placed in town, local hires and vehicles registered in the county and or city and not just come in and take all the revenue back to Horry county. If they were to provide a detailed plan of action and the promise of more than a few cents on each bill for franchise fee they might get their chance. I am in the process of moving one of my employers internet accounts over to TW so that we are not totally wiped out should this madness happen again. For me I like the price points of SCC and do not have need of high dollar high speeds.
"The death of objectivism and small government can be attributed to emotional politics." Liberty Laura

paradigm

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2010, 10:01:07 PM »
You can get reasonable rates from T-W that will match anything SCC has offered in the past.  Unless you had a 'sweetheart' deal with SCC, you were not saving.

ETFOG

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2010, 12:27:35 PM »
So has anyone see Charlton in public in the past few days. He hasn't shown his face at his breakfast or lunch regular spots. I guess he is scared someone will ask him a truthful question like do you really owe thousands of dollars to Kelvin Williams or do you really have all those illegitimate kids everyone has said you do?

ETFOG

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2010, 04:40:51 PM »
Just watched a great recap of the 2000 election. It only took Al Gore 12 hours to go out publicly and admit defeat. It has been over four days and not only has Ron Charlton not issued the promised press release he has not been seen in public. Why is the Georgetown Times not pressing Ron Charlton for comment? We know. The Georgetown Times does not care about the truth. The Georgetown Times only cares about covering for liars, cheaters, fornicators like Ron Charlton. So sad.

IWCCTTT

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2010, 05:26:48 PM »
The failed development he started has led to this failure. He is running out of money after several years of lawsuits and tax issues. Now he didn't pay the Williams guy and guess what he is not going to let Ron get away with it. Load up the Uhaul Bonnie. Time to cut and run.

paradigm

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2010, 06:40:22 PM »
What puzzles me is how he talked the other company into helping him.  They would have been fools to come up here without some up front bucks I would think.  Going to be interesting to see how this all shakes out. 

I understand that T-W is having some problems switching SCC customers in some cases... something to do with how lines are run from the poles.  Doesn't make sense to me but I'm not an installer.

ETFOG

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2010, 07:33:07 PM »
The apologetic arm of Southern Cable is at it again tonight. The web site for the Georgetown Times is now reporting that many of the customers of SCC have internet back up and many can make phone calls out but no one can call into them. But still no comment from Ron Charlatan? Why does the Times continue to cover for the philander? I guess Scott Harper is still in love with Buzzy and thinks he is really his brother? Heck he just might be.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2010, 10:07:29 PM »
http://www.altuscgi.com/home/5-news/37-altus-offers-help

Kelvin and crew offer the clueless and hopeless assistance.

Hey Kelvin!  Get your money UP FRONT!
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2010, 10:14:52 PM »
The Georgetown Times, in true form, is showing how they can't stand for the truth to come out about this situation and about Ron Charlton.  They continue to delete posts on their website they don't like

Here is something they forgot to take down.

forklift driver wrote:
Why is the Georgetown Times censoring all the comments about this story. Many comments have been put up and the Times keeps taking them down. Why is the Times not allowing free speech about the Charltons?
12/11/2010 9:45 AM EST

watchman wrote:
I noticed that as well.
12/11/2010 5:12 PM EST

why wrote:
I have all night, I will wait to post what I want to say.
12/12/2010 1:33 AM EST

ETFOG

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2010, 10:49:48 PM »
Just when you think the Georgetown Times and Scott Hapless can't get any worse they out do themselves again. Now they are claiming the internet service has been restored and people can call out but not in. I bet Kelvin can tell a different story. And why has the Times not pressed Charlton for a comment? They owe everyone the truth. Oh, sorry this is the Georgetown Times we are talking about.

ben there

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2010, 08:50:57 AM »
I have been a SCC customer for years and I planned to stick it out but when this mess dragged on more than a day I decided to say goodbye to SCC. Time Warner was at my house yesterday hooking me up.
As for ETFOG, I have been reading your rants for a long time and I can tell you, as a reader, you are a a turn-off to this board. Most of the people who write on here have good points and ideas. All you are is hate. I do not recall one productive post you have placed. They are all hate-fill BS. All I see from you is I hate the Sandersons, I hate the newspaper, I hate the mayor, I hate the world.
And honesty seems to be something you lack. For example, on this thread you went on one of your normal tirades about the newspaper reporter. I just read the story and the reporter you call out is not even the one who wrote the thing.
Plus, you say the steel mill will not reopen. I have been working there for the past month. Get your facts straight, fella.
Now, your turn to type more hate.

BB

« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2010, 09:17:12 AM »
Does anyone think I'll be able to access my sccc.tv email?  Yes, I can open another address (probably not sccctv) to use email, but I need info (not to mention address book) from the previous email.  The "new support" says that my "old" email won't be good after Dec. 15.  Well, it hasn't been "good" for days.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2010, 09:55:42 AM »
I do not know the answer to your email questions.

I will advise you to quickly try and get your contacts info and setup an email address that is not tied to anybody you pay money to for Internet access. Never use the email address given to you by Time Warner or SCC, or anyone that is your Internet Service Provider.

I recommend a free Google address from www.gmail.com.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:24:54 AM by Marty Tennant »

santee_sam

« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2010, 09:56:58 AM »
I have been a SCC customer for years and I planned to stick it out but when this mess dragged on more than a day I decided to say goodbye to SCC. Time Warner was at my house yesterday hooking me up.
As for ETFOG, I have been reading your rants for a long time and I can tell you, as a reader, you are a a turn-off to this board. Most of the people who write on here have good points and ideas. All you are is hate. I do not recall one productive post you have placed. They are all hate-fill BS. All I see from you is I hate the Sandersons, I hate the newspaper, I hate the mayor, I hate the world.
And honesty seems to be something you lack. For example, on this thread you went on one of your normal tirades about the newspaper reporter. I just read the story and the reporter you call out is not even the one who wrote the thing.
Plus, you say the steel mill will not reopen. I have been working there for the past month. Get your facts straight, fella.

"Thank You" ben there, that sure enough needed saying and is dead on accurate.  BTW, I wouldn't think the way Kelvin has aired the companies dirty laundry here has won him any friends nor his company.

Santee Sam

paradigm

« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2010, 10:39:05 AM »
I'm told SCC internet is back but I'm also told some cannot get their email.  Any answers to this question?

Lee Padgett

« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2010, 10:55:07 AM »
You can get reasonable rates from T-W that will match anything SCC has offered in the past.  Unless you had a 'sweetheart' deal with SCC, you were not saving.

TW has a horrible channel line up, much like that of Direct TV. Toss the channels and let them land where they may. SCC and Dish Network TV have similar channels lumped together ie news, sports, learning etc and SCC has more for basic than TW. I pay 58.00 a month for cable and internet and TW has nothing to match that. My reason for staying.

I had TW in the past in other parts of the country I lived in and they had monopolies and raped their customers. I have no respect for them or desire to use them unless absolutely necessary. If three strikes you are out hits here then I will bite the bullet and do that.

And I am with Marty. I used ISP provided internet once and was not thrilled when it came time to move. Have had hotmail for years and have had no issues. Can be accessed anywhere, anytime and no chance of ever losing everything.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:46:12 PM by Lee Padgett »
"The death of objectivism and small government can be attributed to emotional politics." Liberty Laura

paradigm

« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2010, 01:06:06 PM »
You must have not looked at the channel lineup within the past year or so.  T-W channels are grouped in basic, digital, and HD... sports, news, entertainment, etc., etc...

Lee Padgett

« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2010, 01:47:55 PM »
I have everytime I dog sit in the Pawleys Island area I try to make sense of why CNN is in the 20's and MSNBC and Fox are in the 50's and the cooking channels are a guessing game.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2010, 02:02:17 PM »
I actually signed up for the TWC $33 a month per service special a while back.  I'd never had digital cable.  It sucked big time.

You'd see the same channels four times when you were flipping around.  Too many channels and plenty of the same ones sucks.

I called them and asked how to eliminate the analog/duplicate channels and only have the digital/HD channels.

"Sorry sir, you can't do that."

After having their humongous remote with more buttons that I cared to learn in my hand for about an hour, I packed it all up and took all their equipment back, less then two hours after the installer had finished.

I don't need 500 channels.  I watch a few.  I only care about HD if it is available.  Don't give me a user interface that is confusing, duplicative, and makes me go thru tons of channels that I don't have, with their own special message on how to get them.  I could care less.

TWC fails on user interface.  Human factors count.

Kelvin

« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2010, 03:38:22 PM »
I'm told SCC internet is back but I'm also told some cannot get their email.  Any answers to this question?

SCC customers cannot receive inbound phone calls or access their e-mail accounts on the sccc.tv domain.  This is due to the shutdown.  We've offered to assist SCC/Momentum in restoring all these services, but it's going to require a request from SCC/Momenum.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2010, 04:05:01 PM »
People that are locked out of their email are being told by the new tech support that they have lost their contacts and email. They are also been told that if they had changed their email to the new sccctv.net domain befor Friday, they would have been ok. They are blaming their customers!!

Kelvin

« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2010, 04:15:22 PM »
People that are locked out of their email are being told by the new tech support that they have lost their contacts and email. They are also been told that if they had changed their email to the new sccctv.net domain befor Friday, they would have been ok. They are blaming their customers!!

Nice.  Not a single account has been deleted from our systems, all phone numbers, etc are still operational.  They (SCC or Momentum) have to simply request...  They know how to reach our attorneys.  Now, at the end of the month, everything will be gone forever if we haven't restored or transferred it.

santee_sam

« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2010, 05:12:24 PM »

Nice.  Not a single account has been deleted from our systems, all phone numbers, etc are still operational.  They (SCC or Momentum) have to simply request...  They know how to reach our attorneys.  Now, at the end of the month, everything will be gone forever if we haven't restored or transferred it.
Transition to sccctv.net

Kelvin,

Do you know anything about this?  Specifically item #4  "This change is not a REQUIREMENT, you may continue to use your sccc.tv e-mail address and your Google Apps indefinitely."
It, in it's entirety can be found here:  http://portal.sccc.tv/ 
If this is Altus' portal, which it seems to be, why not allow SCC customers to access their email and other information for a limited time.

Sun, 12/05/2010 - 19:46 — admin

Please be advised, you may receive a letter in the regular US Mail advising you of a recent change to your e-mail address, if you elect to change to the sccctv.net e-mail address you should know the following:

1) E-mail sent to you at your existing sccc.tv e-mail address will not be delivered to the sccctv.net address. You must advise those you correspond with of the new e-mail address.

2) All of your existing e-mail in your sccc.tv e-mail account will not be transferred, and all of your existing settings and other personal data will be lost (including websites you've created in Google Apps, Calendars, Documents, etc.)

3) Technical Support for your new e-mail account (on sccctv.net) will only be available through the number provided in the letter -- 888-871-6313.

4) This change is not a REQUIREMENT, you may continue to use your sccc.tv e-mail address and your Google Apps indefinitely.

Lastly, if you are one of the subscribers who feel as though Google Apps was a bad idea and do not like Google Apps, Google and us would like to hear from you! Please reply to this e-mail with your dislikes, and complaints about the Google Apps service.

Thank you,
Technical Support

Santee Sam

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »
Good question.  The warm feelings I see spelled out there don't reflect reality now.

Lot's of loose ends here. 

So Kelvin, under what circumstances would you allow email accounts to be accessed again?

I see where the lawyers would have to contact each other.  I'm assuming you are looking for your $379,000 before this would occur.

Kelvin

« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2010, 06:37:32 PM »

Transition to sccctv.net

Kelvin,

Do you know anything about this?  Specifically item #4  "This change is not a REQUIREMENT, you may continue to use your sccc.tv e-mail address and your Google Apps indefinitely."
It, in it's entirety can be found here:  http://portal.sccc.tv/ 
If this is Altus' portal, which it seems to be, why not allow SCC customers to access their email and other information for a limited time.

Sun, 12/05/2010 - 19:46 — admin

Please be advised, you may receive a letter in the regular US Mail advising you of a recent change to your e-mail address, if you elect to change to the sccctv.net e-mail address you should know the following:

1) E-mail sent to you at your existing sccc.tv e-mail address will not be delivered to the sccctv.net address. You must advise those you correspond with of the new e-mail address.

2) All of your existing e-mail in your sccc.tv e-mail account will not be transferred, and all of your existing settings and other personal data will be lost (including websites you've created in Google Apps, Calendars, Documents, etc.)

3) Technical Support for your new e-mail account (on sccctv.net) will only be available through the number provided in the letter -- 888-871-6313.

4) This change is not a REQUIREMENT, you may continue to use your sccc.tv e-mail address and your Google Apps indefinitely.

Lastly, if you are one of the subscribers who feel as though Google Apps was a bad idea and do not like Google Apps, Google and us would like to hear from you! Please reply to this e-mail with your dislikes, and complaints about the Google Apps service.

Thank you,
Technical Support

Santee Sam

At the time that was posted, SCC was still actively communicating with Altus.  We had assured SCC they could have their e-mail addresses and other content stored in Google Apps.  But now, since they refuse to communicate, the service has been shut off.  Just like inbound telephone, its shut off too, because we have no place to send the calls.

Kelvin

« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2010, 06:39:07 PM »
Good question.  The warm feelings I see spelled out there don't reflect reality now.

So Kelvin, under what circumstances would you allow email accounts to be accessed again?

I see where the lawyers would have to contact each other.  I'm assuming you are looking for your $379,000 before this would occur.

Actually, the only thing that SCC would have to do is agree to pay for the services they are consuming, and sign an agreement for that during the interim.  Then we will turn it all back up.

The $379,000 will be sought at binding arbitration which they were served with today.  But we cannot just open it up, without any assurances that we would be paid for allowing them to use services which do cost us money.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2010, 06:44:08 PM »
Is there a County Council meeting before Christmas?  If so, I would encourage all pissed off customers of the Ron Charlton sinking ship to be there to ask Ron Sr. directly what the heck he is waiting for to get them their email, contacts and telephone numbers working again.

I've been told that if you go to his office to speak with him, you are told he isn't in or isn't available.

I bet.

ben there

« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2010, 06:55:13 PM »
The paper had an article the other day about the parks and stuff and said County Council meets tomorrow. At 5:30 I think.

ETFOG

« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »

My turn? Excuse me but you are the one preaching and mentioning hate. I hate no one. I do express my healthy disdain for some of the people you mentioned. Why do I have this disdain? These people you mention are proven liars. I have disdain for liars like the Sandersons and Scovile.

As far as the Steel Mill goes if you really are a former employee of the mill I hope you will have a job at the end of January. I don't think you will. I really just don't see it happening with the price of steel going down and the demand going lower. But maybe the government will give enough incentives for the owners to open it back up for a while at least. We'll see.

I don't want to loose sight of the topic here. The topic is the liar Ron Charlton.

santee_sam

« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2010, 09:02:45 PM »

Actually, the only thing that SCC would have to do is agree to pay for the services they are consuming, and sign an agreement for that during the interim.  Then we will turn it all back up.

The $379,000 will be sought at binding arbitration which they were served with today.  But we cannot just open it up, without any assurances that we would be paid for allowing them to use services which do cost us money.

So, in other words, when the two companies, Altus Communications and Southern Coastal Cable, got into a pissing contest, the consumer is the one that gets screwed while both companies hide behind the legal mumbo jumbo???  It seems that it would be a harmless enough act, and good public relations, for Altus Communications to open the portal to the mail server, for say ten days, to allow SCC customers to retrieve their personal information.  Since Altus Communications still retains SCC customers email addresses, a blanket email could be sent to all customers informing them of the opening of the portal and the limited time available for them to do so.

Santee Sam

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2010, 09:21:37 PM »
The problem is that nobody with an @sccc.tv email address can check their mail.

This is a serious problem that needs to be addressed, and yes, the consumer is caught in the middle of a pissing contest.

They need access to their mail and their contacts list.  In many cases, they need this in order to move to a new email address from another provider.

The sad part is that when they call the new support tollfree number, they talk to someone that tells them all their email and contact list info is GONE!  That isn't true and increases the probability that SCC will be sued.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 09:29:14 PM by Marty Tennant »

IWCCTTT

« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2010, 09:44:14 PM »
Marty you might as well take a number and get in line if you want to sue Ron Charlton. One look at the county web site will show how many pending lawsuits Ron has even now. And the list is growing every day. But you have to look up Bonnie's name too to get the real picture. Ron lets his wife name's be put on a lot things which gets her sued a lot too. Real men don't hide behind their wives.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2010, 10:09:45 PM »
I'm not affected by any of this.  My customers are, and that is what I was talking about.

Yes, I find it interesting that Mr. Charlton says his wife and son own and run SCC, but when it came time to try and get email accounts away from Altus and over to a name that SCC actually controlled, Ron was the one signing the letter encouraging people to move.

That worked out really well, didn't it Ron?

What a sleaze!

Kelvin

« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2010, 11:22:31 PM »
So, in other words, when the two companies, Altus Communications and Southern Coastal Cable, got into a pissing contest, the consumer is the one that gets screwed while both companies hide behind the legal mumbo jumbo???  It seems that it would be a harmless enough act, and good public relations, for Altus Communications to open the portal to the mail server, for say ten days, to allow SCC customers to retrieve their personal information.  Since Altus Communications still retains SCC customers email addresses, a blanket email could be sent to all customers informing them of the opening of the portal and the limited time available for them to do so.

Santee Sam

Santee:

Please understand that we tried in vain for weeks to come to an agreement with SCC to keep services operational.  We had a verbal agreement, that got services restored, then when it came time to sign on the dotted line, Mr. Charlton by and through his lawyers, procrastinated, deceived, and just refused to sign.

Look, I'd be absolutely LIVID if I was a SCC subscriber and I knew the entire story.  That's why we felt it absolutely necessary to issue the press releases once we learned that the story provided to the public was one of "failed equipment," and super hero engineers were on the way to fix it all.

Earlier this evening, we sent an e-mail to Ron and SCC Management advising them that while there will be no settlement discussions outside of arbitration, but if SCC desires to restore inbound telephone services and access to sccc.tv e-mail that they can have their lawyers contact ours.

Unfortunately, I cannot route inbound calls into to subscribers since they are no longer registered with our platform.  However, should SCC decide they don't want to respond to our last and final attempt to restore these services, there will be a press release sent out in the coming days allowing all sccc.tv users to get their e-mail before we delete it.  I'm sure we'll leave this open for about two or three days. 

As I've stated time and time again, we were never in the business of harming the end-user, but there's only so far we could go, and when he made the decision to bring in another provider and remove all of our access to the network we had no other choice except to shut down.

Kelvin

« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2010, 11:27:34 PM »
One more thing..  If anyone has taken a look at http://portal.sccc.tv you will see that we have already restored access to subscriber voicemail accounts.  Any subscriber with voicemail can call in and get their messages--but as I stated previously, unless SCC and Momentum come to us, and set up an interim agreement, we cannot deliver those calls to the subscriber.  Any call would have to be handed off to Momentum's Session Border Controllers.

much2doaboutnothing

« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2010, 10:12:18 AM »
I suspect most people would cancel their SCC contract if they knew the truth. But there is the problem. They do not know the truth and the Georgetown Times sure as heck is not telling them what is going on. I see someone else already thought of it but where is the official press release Ron Charlton promised last week? Does he have no comment after all? Is he afraid if he makes a comment his legal issues will only get worse? I can only imagine Kelvin and his company are just waiting to see what Ron has to say.

santee_sam

« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2010, 12:16:50 PM »

My turn? Excuse me but you are the one preaching and mentioning hate. I hate no one. I do express my healthy disdain for some of the people you mentioned. Why do I have this disdain? These people you mention are proven liars. I have disdain for liars like the Sandersons and Scovile.

As far as the Steel Mill goes if you really are a former employee of the mill I hope you will have a job at the end of January. I don't think you will. I really just don't see it happening with the price of steel going down and the demand going lower. But maybe the government will give enough incentives for the owners to open it back up for a while at least. We'll see.

I don't want to loose sight of the topic here. The topic is the liar Ron Charlton.

ETFOG (Extraterrestrial in a Fog)

from dictionary.refernce.com:

dis•dain
–verb (used with object)
1. to look upon or treat with contempt; despise; scorn.
2. to think unworthy of notice, response, etc.; consider beneath oneself: to disdain replying to an insult.
–noun
3. a feeling of contempt for anything regarded as unworthy; haughty contempt; scorn.

and from thesaurus.com:

Main Entry: disdain:
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: hate; indifference
Synonyms: antipathy, arrogance, aversion, contempt, contumely, derision, despisal, despisement, despite, dislike, disparagement, hatred, haughtiness, hauteur, insolence, loftiness, pride, ridicule, scorn, sneering, snobbishness, superbity, superciliousness
Notes: contempt  is a more engaged, more involved feeling of disapproval than disdain

Now, do you understand what the definition of “hate” is?

Santee Sam