The Citizens' Report
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 08:12:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25249 Posts in 4024 Topics by 320 Members
Latest Member: SMW
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Citizens' Report
|-+  South Carolina
| |-+  Georgetown County SC
| | |-+  Politics and Current Events
| | | |-+  Georgetown Cty. Web based tax calculator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Georgetown Cty. Web based tax calculator  (Read 2392 times)
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« on: July 29, 2006, 05:50:33 PM »

The assessment notice I got today tells me there is a web based tax estimating program on the Georgetown County website.

Has anyone found it?  I haven't and I've looked pretty well.

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 08:45:34 PM »

I looked all over the site and could not find it.
Ilya Kuryakin
Pro-management union buster
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 09:03:23 AM »

Has anyone found it?  I haven't and I've looked pretty well.

Why should they make it easy?
afdip

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 10:20:49 PM »

perhaps everyone should ask for "paper" when asked at their grocery store, "paper or plastic."  scribble your disagreement and send them in as requested.
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 07:59:31 AM »

Ok, the temporary form is up.  It is nothing more than a way to determine the county millage rate based on the tax district you are in.

The wildcare in all this is the "state tax relief" amount.  This figure is sizable and alters your total property tax bill significantly.

Anyone got info on what this number should be this year?

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.
my taxes are not wasted
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 09:02:43 PM »

another "why should they make it easy" comment.  there are many people who qualify for full tax exemption on their home, but pay anyway because of lack of knowledge of the provisions of the code of laws (12-37-220).  these exemptions extend to the surviving spouses of those who  qualify.
and btw, if you do pay property taxes, you are allowed to designate which school the school portion goes to. of course, they don't ask you which school you wish to designate, or even tell you this is an option.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: