Author Topic: 1% sales tax - for WHAT?  (Read 3089 times)

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
1% sales tax - for WHAT?
« on: July 19, 2012, 09:23:20 AM »
I am opposed to anymore wild and reckless government spending in Georgetown County.

There are too many projects that have already been completed that nobody is using.

The softball complex on 521 comes to mind.

The last time I went by, the gates were closed.

Why are we paying for such nonsense.

Say no to the 1% tax!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 09:42:59 AM by Marty Tennant »
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
Re: 1% sales tax - for WHAT?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 08:07:34 AM »
http://www.thestate.com/2012/07/22/2362075/countys-proposed-soccer-complex.html#.UBkb67Se4kQ

here is an opinion piece about a soccer complete they want to build in Richland County.

After the softball tourney leaves town, does anyone think the fields we built out in the middle of nowhere will be utilized to their fullest?

How many parks do we have already in this County?  How many more do they want us to pay for?

I am voting no for the 1% tax.
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

concernedperson

Re: 1% sales tax - for WHAT?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 10:46:45 AM »
People should have listened to Marty last time. Now the council is stealing the tax money for another pet project and not dredging our port. They will be asking the voters to give them another 1% again. VOTE NO TO WASTEFUL TAXATION AND SWITCHING OF PROJECTS!