Author Topic: David Hood leaves office with cloud  (Read 4769 times)

Thankful Hood is gone

David Hood leaves office with cloud
« on: August 04, 2006, 06:33:48 AM »
David Hood is leaving county council and anyone with half a brain knows he should have been gone a long time ago. He has broken a lot of laws and used his office to get away with it over the years. The worst case was when he assaulted a citizen in a resturant. Here is a story about another area's councilman assaulting a citizen but this time the councilman went to jail. That's where David Hood belongs.

Posted on Fri, Aug. 04, 2006email thisprint this
Councilman faces road rage charge
Man accused of punching woman
The Associated Press
MOUNT PLEASANT - A town councilman was charged with punching a Charlotte, N.C., woman visiting the area on business in what authorities say was an apparent case of road rage.

Councilman Bobby Utsey, 64, was charged with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature and driving under the influence after the Tuesday incident.

"I'm not sure why he just hit me, why he would come assault me in front of my daughter," Lisa Annette Edwards, 42, told a judge during a bond hearing Wednesday.

Utsey, who spent the previous night in jail, was released after posting bail.

Edwards, an accountant, said she was stopped at a red light Tuesday in Mount Pleasant after crossing the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge from Charleston. Her 20-year-old daughter was also in the car.

According to a police report, Edwards said "an older white male" approached her car and started yelling at her but she could not understand what he was saying.

"Ms. Edwards advised that she was coming from the Ravenel Bridge and did not know if she cut Mr. Utsey off, or what triggered him to be so angry," according to the police report.

The woman was punched in the face, got out of her car to defend herself, and was punched again, the report said. The woman said she tried to kick the man but he grabbed her foot. She broke free and the man drove away, according to the report.

The arrest warrant cites witnesses who said Edwards cut Utsey off and that he began tailgating her. Utsey was later stopped near the entrance of the subdivision where he lives, police said. He failed field sobriety tests, police said.

Ilya Kuryakin

• Pro-management union buster
  • Global Moderator
Re: David Hood leaves office with cloud
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 07:39:07 AM »
I'm not familiar with the story about Mr. Hood's alleged assault and / or battery in a restaurant.  Please share some details and cite a credible source because I would like to know more.

A guest

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 08:13:32 AM »

Aubrey,

The Hood story has been beat to death...Just Google
it...

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

Ilya Kuryakin

• Pro-management union buster
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 09:17:11 AM »
Good enough for me.  Thanks Marty and guest.  This story took place before I moved here from NYC, so I didn't know about it.  I guess if someone kept insulting my wife and me I would probably do the same thing Mr. Hood did.  At least he didn't shoot out Lachicotte's kneecaps.

Hood shouldbe disbarred

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 10:14:04 AM »
And that is just it Jack. A person who of all things is a lawyer should not resort to hitting someone in a drunken state. He should loose his license to practice law for this activity. Others lawyers have been stripped of their license for much less.

Disgusted

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006, 07:57:58 AM »
This is just another of the many perfect examples of the corruption in Georgetown County. This is why we are the poorest and highest unemployed county on the coast. While others are growing and prospering Georgetown is held back by a corrupt and ineffective leadership. Oh wait its only ineffective if you are not connected or kin to someone in a leadership position.

Hood has no character

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 02:28:24 PM »
Well here is the latest. Mr. Utsey is a man of character and grace. He has admitted he was wrong and resigned. Unlike David Hood who will lie, cheat, steal or whatever it takes to stay in power.

Aug 9, 12:25 AM EDT

Mount Pleasant councilman resigns over road rage arrest

MOUNT PLEASANT, S.C. (AP) -- Mount Pleasant Town Councilman Bobby Utsey has resigned a week after he was charged with attacking a woman in what police called a road rage incident.

"My actions were uncalled for and out of line," Utsey wrote in a statement released Tuesday by the town.

Utsey was arrested on Aug. 1 after he punched a Charlotte, N.C., woman visiting the area in the face at a stoplight after the two crossed the Ravenel Bridge, police said.

After she was punched through the window, the woman got out of her car to defend herself, and was punched again. The woman said she tried to kick her attacker but he grabbed her foot. She broke free and he drove away, according to the police report.