The Citizens' Report
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 18, 2017, 06:13:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
24822 Posts in 3914 Topics by 320 Members
Latest Member: SMW
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Citizens' Report
|-+  South Carolina
| |-+  Georgetown County SC
| | |-+  Politics and Current Events
| | | |-+  Sticky Post - Is this how Elections are won in the City of Georgetown?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sticky Post - Is this how Elections are won in the City of Georgetown?  (Read 3225 times)
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« on: September 08, 2015, 08:06:03 AM »

I received a large envelope the other day containing an analysis of the last Mayoral election.  It is attributed to someone with an email address only.  T.J.Redstone@outlook.com

In essence, it says the election was stolen by Jack Scoville's paid consultants by the use of paper ballots.  I do not have an opinion on this allegation, but simply pass it on.

If there is any interest in the posting of the actual letter, please let me know.

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.
JW

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 06:30:26 PM »

Lets see it Marty. Why in the world would anyone doubt how good old vote fixing Scovile rolls anyway? Although I imagine Jack sees it that he rented the black vote for the day not bought it.
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 06:39:31 PM »

I'll get around to it later.

Right now my attorney and I are busy getting ready to petition the US Supreme Court regarding my lawsuit alleging first amendment retaliation against me by Barber and Scoville.

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 08:56:57 PM »

Here is a link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nm27awmorh58v5/TJ%20Redstone%20Letter.pdf?dl=1

It will automatically download a PDF file to your computer.  Find it and open it to read.

Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 11:50:24 AM »

I have recently gotten off the phone with Donald Gilliard.  He denies the veracity of the letter written by the person known as T.J.Redstone@outlook.com.

I told him I have no opinion on this letter and that he should come on here and respond.  He said he would not do so.

He is interest in legal action, possibly against me and Redstone.

Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 01:59:37 PM »

Because I'm sure Scoville and Gilliard are reading this, I refer them both to this excerpt from "The Times" for a parallel situation Scoville is intimately familiar with.

"Rubillo contended the Times went outside that privilege to infer Scoville’s “vendetta” comment was true by republishing it in the two follow-up stories (although he provided just one follow-up for Young’s consideration).

In his decision to dismiss the suit, Young wrote that the inference of malicious or defamatory statements was an insufficient legal argument to prove libel. Additionally, Young wrote the Times’ initial report on the issue was both accurate and impartial.

“Scoville’s comments were fairly and accurately reported by the newspaper, which ‘did not in any way espouse the ... accusations’,” Young wrote. “When newsworthy charges are made, the First Amendment does not require ‘the press to suppress newsworthy statements merely because it has serious doubts regarding the truth.’ What was newsworthy about Scoville’s charges was that they were made, and the public interest in an informed citizenry requires that the press be protected against liability for publishing the charges ...”

In addition to the libel charge, Rubillo also claimed the Times showed negligence in its publishing and re-publishing of Scoville’s quote. Young wrote, however, that Rubillo had no grounds to pursue a negligence charge if libel or defamation could not be proven.

“With the dismissal of the libel claim, the negligence must also be dismissed, as it cannot exist independently of the defamation claim,” Young wrote.

With those principles in mind, Young wrote the Times had performed its duties to inform the public of newsworthy events while following the letter of the law.

“The role of a newspaper in a democratic society is to inform the public on matters of public interest,” Young wrote. “... The newspaper fairly and accurately reported Scoville’s charges against plaintiff, and its reporting of those charges is privileged as a matter of law.”"

ETFOG

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 06:30:41 PM »

What Donald Gilliard and Jack Scovile forget is Marty don't get scared at the threats of lawsuit. You cannot sue for telling the truth. And Jack has a long history of threatening when the truth gets out. Keep up the good work Marty. The corruption has to be exposed in this town. Jack is a scumbag.
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 10:38:40 PM »

I think you will hear more about this later as the election season progresses.  Thanks.

IWCCTTT

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 03:32:50 PM »

I remember many years ago Jack was involved in a similar situation. A letter Jack wrote to a few key people in the democratic party outlining the deals he had cut to keep Vida Miller and Ron Charlton in office got out in the public. Jack screamed bloody murder that this was all a lie and he accused a person in town of faking that letter. A big investigation was launched and people were questioned. Then after the local authorities figured out the letter was real and Jack was responsible and the information was all true the whole thing just went away quietly. The person that was accused was never given a apology and his name was never mentioned again.

So scream on Jack. No body believes you.
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 08:31:03 AM »

Scoville is now saying he's got evidence of voter suppression.  Let's see what you sent to the Dept. of Justice Jack.

In the meantime, Redstone is at it again with more pages to read.

Dear Ms. Griffith:
Ijust read your Facebook article about Mayor Scoville's accusation of an alleged
conspiracy to suppress voting in the African-American community. In it, he reportedly cites a
private letter written by me to Richard Powers as evidence supporting his accusations. The
letter, along with all the supporting attachments, can be found on the local website Citizens
Report under the heading of "Interesting letter." Your editor should have a copy too, since I
sent one to him as "deep background" for the upcoming election. I suggest that you read it
carefully. If you do you will find that it has absolutely nothing to do with anyone's race.
Instead, t deals very specifically with vote padding by use of write-in paper ballots and cites
very specific evidence of Mr. Scoville's participation in a scheme to stuff the ballot box during
the last mayoral election. It goes on to suggest that a watchful eye be kept on write-in ballots
in the upcoming election. Again, it has nothing to do with the race of any voter or, for that
matter, the political preferences of voters. It has to do with the integrity of the electoral
process.
Ballot box stuffing is an equal opportunity crime which all races, political parties,
genders andgroups of every kind or description have, unfortunately, participated at one time
or another over the years, locally, nationally and around the world. That's what makes the
practice of poll watching necessary. My letter suggests steps to be taken in that regard in the
upcoming election. Those suggestions are not aimed at the suppression of the voting or civil
rights of anyone. They are directed toward insuring that the upcoming election is conducted
fairly and honestly. They are because there is absolutely no legal right, voting right or civil right
to fix or rig election outcomes or to pad vote counts. All legal rights relating to balloting have to
do with the protection of the principle of one man, one vote, or, to be politically correct, one
voter, one vote.
In the caseof the last municipal election, we don't know the race of the people whose
names appeared on the write-in votes that were collected. There is no existing record revealing
that information. That record only reflects the race of the person who profited from those very
questionable votes, namely Scoville, and the names of the people he paid thousands of dollars
to "get out the vote" for him. When it comes to the question of race or ethnicity, Mr. Scoville is
the one who is putting the numbers together. I did not do that in my letter. The existing public
record does not do that either. Maybe he knows a good bit more on that subject that what he
has said to you. Maybe you should ask him about all that. If you ask me, Scoville's assumption
that a letter that discusses strong evidence of ballot box stuffing in Georgetown has something
to do with the African American community tells a lot more about him and what is in Mr.
Scoville's heart than it does about the content of my cautionary letter to Mr. Powers or the
accompanying documentation.
Copies of the letter Mr. Scoville says he has sent to the Justice Department were
forwarded to the Governor's office, the office of the SCAttorney General, the SCElection
Commission and the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division some time ago. I,for one, think
that a thorough investigation of voter fraud in Georgetown County is in order. If conducted,
emphasis should be placed on practices surrounding the issuance, casting, collection and
counting of absentee ballots where voter identification procedures are not very stringent and
the prospect of election manipulation is greatest. In connection with that inquiry, investigators
should question Mr. Scoville and his hirelings very closely about what they know and what they
did in the last municipal election. Investigators should also talk with unsuccessful candidates in
that election who were approached by Mr. Scoville's cohorts but refused to pay for their
services. Eyebrows may be raised.
One last thing: I assure you that I am a living person who resides in Georgetown. But
whether I'm dead or alive is really not the point. It is not the identity of the author of the letter
that Mr. Scoville cites as evidence of some grand conspiracy that is important here. It isthe
content of that letter. Put another way, it isthe message that is important, not the messenger.
The letter deals with the honesty of elections and suggests that it is honest elections that
distinguishes a democracy from a banana republic. If you check the facts cited in the letter, you
will find that they all appear in the public record and are very accurately reported. Apparently
Mr. Scoville does not like what they say about him, so, like so many other politicians that have
preceded him, he has decided to point an accusing finger at others rather than accept
responsibility for his own very questionable behavior. Shame on him
T.J. Redstone, a livingperson.

Redstone

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 05:37:21 PM »

I am replying here to restore this posting to the first page of the index to Citizens Report.  I'm doing that so that readers of my most recent comment will have ready access to the information in the public record supporting my assertion and belief that Jack Scoville has usurped the office of Mayor.  If the SC Attorney General or the Governor had any gumption, they would act to remove him from office. 
concernedperson

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 08:31:33 AM »

So now for the real question. Who hired Gillard and his company for the primary? Jack or Brendon?
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 09:34:49 PM »

To answer my own question, Scoville hired Gilliard again, and lost in the runoff.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: