The Citizens' Report
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 18, 2017, 06:06:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
24822 Posts in 3914 Topics by 320 Members
Latest Member: SMW
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Citizens' Report
|-+  South Carolina
| |-+  Georgetown County SC
| | |-+  Politics and Current Events
| | | |-+  Urban Land Institute meetings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Urban Land Institute meetings  (Read 1297 times)
PBSIAT

« on: September 05, 2016, 08:27:56 PM »

So I was one of the people selected to meet with the ULI group later this month. I wish there was a way to see who all was selected for this important meeting. This is the turning point of our city. Want to bet the fix is already in as usual? I bet Jack and his little buddy Paige already have the "solution" decided on.

I did ask the person who contacted me last week if anybody from the old steel mill crowd was invited. They said James Sanderson the old union boss was invited but he refused to help tear down the mill. Guess he still thinks the mill will reopen. Soon?
Redstone

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 08:36:37 PM »

The time has come to get past petty jealous rivalries and old grudges, and, like adults, roll up our sleeves and get to work on solving the economic, environmental and numerous other problems associated with the loss of the steel mill.
IWCCTTT

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 06:22:27 PM »

Redstone you must be new to Georgetown. Set aside petty anything will never happen. This is Jack Scoundrel's town and he will never let you forget that.

Jack will spend untold hours and money to prevent anything he does not profit from.
forklift driver

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 08:00:14 AM »

I have to admit it is a real shame to see the final demise of the mill.  A lot of good people have lost the ability to earn a good living and support their families. The real sad part is many of those same people do not realize who is really responsible for the mill closing.
PBSIAT

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 07:42:21 PM »

Was anyone else there? I have to say Paige was certainly in charge. Jack was his usual cheerful self. And the people from ULI sure have no idea what they have stepped in. Friday should be a lot of fun.
PBSIAT

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 07:15:50 PM »

You have to give Scott Harper credit. He tried his big butt off to cause some controversy but nothing so far. I still believe the fix is in. Think about this. If there is no steel mill there is no need for the port. These guys seem to be saying the port and the mill should be leveled and mix use development put back in. And the working man will be left out in the cold. By the way..... just where is James E. Sanderson, Jr?
Polarpup

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 01:30:21 PM »

With all these plans being made,I guess the plant has been bought from ArcelorMittal?
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 02:55:16 PM »

I don't think anyone has bought it yet, but Scoville indicated there was interest.

I can't see this ULI stuff producing anything more than what came out of the Charette.

Keep the structure and repurpose it into something that makes sense, whatever that it.

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.
forklift driver

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 03:10:20 PM »

Do I not recall James E. Sanderson Jr telling everyone the union would buy the mill and open it back up? What ever happened to the big plan James? You have to have money to that? You don't have any money? Say what?
PBSIAT

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 01:31:03 PM »

So my take away from the meeting is the "public sector" code word for the port authority must act first. So they are saying close the port and build condos? That's where I want to live. Right next door to a polluted site like the steel mill? Are they nuts?
Amazing2Me2

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 09:43:36 PM »

Has anyone heard of anything happening with this project or was it just another donation made?
PBSIAT

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 02:10:52 PM »

You will never see anything done on the steel mill site. But you will see parking meters downtown now that King Jack has decreed it. Georgetown will never move forward until Jack Boot Scoville is banished.
solo

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 03:15:18 PM »

So. They spent $150,000+  of taxpayers money for advice to do with property that they do not own.  MAKES SENSE, RIGHT???  And no one has mentioned that Prax-Air is parked right in the middle of the whole equation. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: