The Citizens' Report
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2017, 03:56:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
24712 Posts in 3883 Topics by 318 Members
Latest Member: Redstone
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Citizens' Report
|-+  South Carolina
| |-+  Georgetown County SC
| | |-+  Politics and Current Events
| | | |-+  New Maryville fire station #opportunitymissed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Maryville fire station #opportunitymissed  (Read 352 times)
concernedperson

« on: December 26, 2016, 01:16:09 PM »

Another opportunity missed! The city morons are going to build a new fire station at the old Eagle Electric site. Why is this bad? Because the county has a fire station less than a half mile away. That's right the county and city will have fire stations close enough together it would have made sense to go in together. Yes the opportunity was missed to have a joint use facility and save taxpayers money. But the Georgetown governments are not concerned about saving money we all know.
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 09:55:01 PM »

The City and County governments should simply merge and streamline all aspects of government.  The last I checked, there are five fire departments in the County with five chiefs.

How much govt. do you need for 60,000 people?

Answer:  A lot less.

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.
IWCCTTT

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 10:14:14 PM »

We must have all this government so ALL the good ole boys can get their share of the pie. Just ask the slum lord that got his development streets paved for free. Wait your turn and you can get yours to.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: