The Citizens' Report
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 18, 2017, 06:09:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
24822 Posts in 3914 Topics by 320 Members
Latest Member: SMW
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Citizens' Report
|-+  South Carolina
| |-+  Georgetown County SC
| | |-+  Politics and Current Events
| | | |-+  Scovile announces the steel mill is being torn down?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Scovile announces the steel mill is being torn down?  (Read 960 times)
IWCCTTT

« on: January 01, 2017, 11:12:54 AM »

"Scoville says ArcelorMittal has told the town it plans to clear its waterfront site and do the environmental work to make it suitable for other uses."

Straight out of the paper of record for Georgetown. Jack Scovile is announcing the steel mill will be torn down and cleaned up. That is great news. Lets move forward in 2017 and leave the failed, polluting steel mill in the past.

Happy New Year!
Amazing2Me2

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 10:53:02 PM »

Searched but cannot find anything related. Do you have a link to the article?
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 10:55:14 AM »

http://www.southstrandnews.com/news/tourism-has-reshaped-and-grown-more-important-for-georgetown-s/article_e1892f1a-c926-11e6-9447-0b4869037d5a.html

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.
forklift driver

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 07:18:46 PM »

I have got to start looking at this site more often. Jackboot Scoville has said the mill is being torn down and cleaned up? WELL AIN'T THAT A KICK IN THE PANTS FOR THE UNION MEMBERSHIP THAT IS STILL BEING TOLD THE MILL WILL COME BACK. Mr. James E. Sanderson, Jr. would not lie to us would he? Tupelo tell us what is going on here? Are we screwed again?
Amazing2Me2

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 05:38:49 PM »

Kind of reminds me of this article when Jack said Lowes and other big retailers were coming.
http://www.southstrandnews.com/news/acres-and-a-big-box-grimes-wants-property-annexed/article_bd90744d-47ef-57ba-b28d-d75bd49c6956.html
Tupelo Humes

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 08:11:33 PM »

All I'm going to say is I hope yall got a lot of Kleenex!!!! 😅😅😅😅😅😅
solo

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 09:40:27 PM »

So, a January 1 article says that Jack has been communicating w/Mittal and that they,"Mittal" will be cleaning up the Steel Mill site.  Today in articles of GAB news and Southstrandnews,  Jack is saying that he has not communicated with Mittal since JUNE.  Do we have a new LIAR in chief.
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 06:16:21 PM »

Will the newspaper make the connection and ask Scoville to elaborate, or is such work above their pay grade?

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.
forklift driver

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 07:56:52 PM »

Come on Tup Tup. Are you really still drinking the Shamderson Kool-Aide? The Steel Mill is finally done. Never gonna happen again. Even I found a new vocation. Moved on to greener pastures. Food is my thing now you know.
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 07:06:00 PM »

Update: How did Scoville get away with speaking out of both sides of his mouth?

http://www.southstrandnews.com/news/negotations-for-steel-mill-site-ongoing-owners-say/article_35f01c86-eef6-11e6-a955-cb3aefd19c95.html

IWCCTTT

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 09:35:45 PM »

After all these years of lies from James E. Sanderson, Jr. why in the world would anyone listen to him now? The mill is dead and no where near a majority of people would be happy to see the mill or Sanderson open again. Period end of sentence.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: