The Citizens' Report
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 07:32:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
24840 Posts in 3925 Topics by 320 Members
Latest Member: SMW
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Citizens' Report
|-+  South Carolina
| |-+  Georgetown County SC
| | |-+  Politics and Current Events
| | | |-+  Pay to meet with Legislative Delegation? WGTN says no!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pay to meet with Legislative Delegation? WGTN says no!  (Read 376 times)
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« on: January 03, 2017, 11:03:18 AM »

I agree with this analysis from Facebook:

WGTN thinks Public Forums should be for FREE.

Why does it always cost money to meet with our Legislative Delegation? Apparently, The Georgetown County Chamber of Commerce has it's hands involved in this meeting and they're selling tickets to this event in the name of profit. This meeting will be held at a gated community on Thursday, Jan. 5, at 8:30 a.m. at Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club.
Feel assured, the Georgetown County Chamber of Commerce, will make money from this event. This annual event provides members of the public with a chance to meet their state senators and representatives at a COST... as well as to hear them discuss upcoming legislation and issues for the 2017 session at a COST. Events like this have nothing to do with whats good for the Tax Payers of Georgetown County. All four of the county's legislators - state Reps. Carl Anderson and Lee Hewitt, and state Sens. Stephen Goldfinch and Ronnie Sabb - are scheduled to attend this money making event. We think this Event should be held yearly at a public place for FREE.
The breakfast that's planned to be served includes eggs, bacon/sausage, grits/hash browns, biscuits, coffee, tea, water and orange juice. Interested parties can register for the event online at the chamber website or by calling 843-546-8436. Prices are $20 for chamber members and $30 for the general public. WGTN disagrees completely with this type of "For Profit Event" and we think it does nothing for helping to spread news to the General Public for Georgetown County. If the Chamber is so interested in wanting to help all of us with worthy news...try holding it in a public place for FREE.

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: