The Citizens' Report
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 10:32:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
24912 Posts in 3938 Topics by 320 Members
Latest Member: SMW
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Citizens' Report
|-+  South Carolina
| |-+  Georgetown County SC
| | |-+  Politics and Current Events
| | | |-+  Standoff between workers and city elites!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Standoff between workers and city elites!  (Read 1249 times)
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« on: March 04, 2017, 10:42:25 AM »

http://www.southstrandnews.com/news/city-of-georgetown-input-meeting-discussions-become-heated/article_b2b198aa-0051-11e7-a597-57946d6efa06.html

As I said in another post, great political theatre. Scoville the "Dem", Sawyer the "RINO" against Sanderson the Union Boss and people that want good paying JOBS!

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 10:48:13 AM »

I plan on attending the final meeting at Duncan Church on March 7th at 6pm.  Let's all turn out!

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.
IWCCTTT

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 10:27:53 AM »

The best part of the night (well there were two) Carl Anderson chewing out Jack Scoundrel for not including everyone at the meeting and James Shamderson telling everyone the union has worked out a deal with the new owners. Carl let Jack have it for limiting the number of people who could participate in the meeting. And he let Jack know he will not stand for it happening again. And then he chewed Jack out for not supporting dredging our port. That is a huge story no one is talking about. Now James claiming the union has already signed a deal with the new owners is a huge story being ignored to. Why has the union membership not been allowed to vote on this new contract James is talking about? How about it James are we going to hear about this contract? I bet not because there is no new buyer and no contract. That is the truth.
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 01:20:29 PM »

I tend to agree. Tupelo would have been on here crying "I told you so" if it were true.  Can't wait til I get to participate in one of these at Duncan!

Tupelo Humes

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 03:07:26 PM »

The suicide holiness # is 1-800-dont do it!!! I can't wait!!!!! ☺
Tupelo Humes

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 03:18:54 PM »

The suicide hotline # is 1-800-dont do it!!! I can't wait!!!!! ☺
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 04:10:06 PM »

Tupelo, you didn't vote on a contract, did you?

forklift driver

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 08:22:42 AM »

There has been no vote by the rank and file union membership on anything. Anything. Including keeping James E. Sanderson, Jr. as our president. There is no contract. There probably is not even a buyer. But we will never know because only James E. Sanderson, Jr. is allowed to know what is going on. That is how he keeps his power and that USW charge card that he lives off of.

Hey one question. Isn't that Sanderson lite (Jamie) sitting at the table with Paige Sawyer in the Times picture? What in the world brought that on?
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 08:41:20 AM »

"Gardner made it clear from the onset of the meeting that unruly behavior would not be tolerated, and anyone not complying with the meeting’s format would be removed. One gentleman in attendance chose to test Gardner on his lenience to the rules, and he found himself ejected from the proceedings."

Wow. Paul cracks down on citizens, but allows Barber and Scoville to threaten me with assault during a city council meeting with impunity.

Double standard? 

Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 09:55:04 AM »

I am not able to attend. Very sorry. I hope others will and hold the elites accountable.

IWCCTTT

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 03:28:51 PM »

And once again James E. Sanderson, Jr. is proven to be a liar. Last night our city administrator said....
Gardner said the company does not have any contracts in hand from any potential buyer but “they have several active suitors.”

Lets hear that again.... THE COMPANY DOES NOT HAVE ANY CONTRACTS IN HAND!

But wait James E. Sanderson, Jr. says the union signed a contract with the new owners.

JAMES E. SANDERSON, JR IS A LIAR!

What say you?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: