The Citizens' Report
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 10:22:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
24912 Posts in 3938 Topics by 320 Members
Latest Member: SMW
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Citizens' Report
|-+  South Carolina
| |-+  Georgetown County SC
| | |-+  Politics and Current Events
| | | |-+  Press Release on sale of Steel Mill
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Press Release on sale of Steel Mill  (Read 559 times)
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« on: April 21, 2017, 10:44:35 AM »

Press Release on sale of Steel Mill.  Click to enlarge.

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 11:01:38 AM »

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

You dance with the girl you came with.

Cats aren't the only things that have nine lives.

Love and hate stem from the same emotions.

Wisdom for the times.

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.
Amazing2Me2

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 03:29:55 PM »

Liberty in urgent appeal to the UK to embrace GREENSTEEL to secure the future of the sector
http://www.libertyhousegroup.com/news/liberty-urges-the-uk-to-embrace-greensteel-vision/
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 04:38:52 PM »

This should fit well into the vision I have for our City. We need to stop taking money out of our electric utility profits for purposes not related to electricity.  The SC Supreme Court has said this is illegal, as state law does not allow "slush funds."  (Their words)

We need to invest in solar electricity capabilities, on our own or in partnership with private industry.

From the Press Release:

"Our strategy for achieving it is called GREENSTEEL, and it has three elements.

The first is to invest in electric arc furnaces alongside blast furnaces, and to begin to tackle the mountain of our own steel that we can recycle.

The second is to invest in low cost long term renewable power, as close to the steel plants as possible."

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: