Author Topic: Sunset Lodge just the tip of the iceburg  (Read 7652 times)

Not surprised yet again

Sunset Lodge just the tip of the iceburg
« on: August 07, 2006, 09:13:15 PM »
I am really enjoying Tom Rubillo's articles on Georgetown history. Especially the stuff on the Sunset lodge. The history of corruption and the current corruption is legendary. This county will continue to be the laughing stock of the state until we rid the corrupt elected and appointed officials that "run" this county and city. But this is Georgetown and the truth does not matter. Sad indeed.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
Re: Sunset Lodge just the tip of the iceburg
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 10:15:56 PM »
I see where Tom is a "retiring" attorney.  I guess that means he is getting out of lawyering and concentrating on his writing.  Good luck Mr. Rubillo.
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

Maryville neighbor

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 08:53:18 AM »
I wish Tom would expose some of the current corruption.

You know overlooking the Sunset lodge and the illrepute is no different from overlooking elected officials with illegitimate kids from illicit affairs and refusing to pay child support for those illigetimate kids.

And no I'm not who you want to scream about writing about that. Note I didn't even mention names.

Another story

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 06:31:35 PM »
Here is the Post and Courier documenting illicit affairs and activities of current politicians. If the Georgetown Times only had the balls to write about the illicit activities of our local politicians. Oh well this is Georgetown and the truth don't matter.

AUGUST 9, 2006
FEATURE | The Scarborough Affair
James Island's state rep. mucks up family values

BY WILL MOREDOCK

Court Papers paint Rep. Wallace Scarborough, R-James Island, as a not-so-family oriented guy

Folks are still scratching their heads over what happened at 26 Broughton Road on the night of July 15.

That was the night state Rep. Wallace Scarborough stepped out the back door of his parents' house in the West Ashley suburb of The Crescent and confronted two South Carolina Electric & Gas workers, who were checking power lines after a storm.

In the ensuing exchange, the Republican lawmaker ordered the linemen off the property and fired a shot from his 9 mm Glock pistol.

Most people confronted with strangers bumping around in their backyard at 9:30 p.m. would probably call the police, but Scarborough took matters into his own hands. Now there is a possible explanation for his bizarre behavior. Was he sharing the house that night — not with his parents — but with his clandestine paramour and fellow Republican legislator, Catherine Crawford Ceips, Beaufort County District 124?

There is ample evidence that Scarborough and Ceips have long been engaged in an extramarital affair. This evidence is found in a series of seven sworn affidavits filed last month in Ninth Circuit Family Court by friends, family, and a private investigator on behalf of Mary Ann Middleton Scarborough, the estranged wife of the James Island District 115 representative.

According to a deposition by David C. Leaird, Jr., of Surveillance Technologies, "...during the period of surveillance, it was indisputably established that Mr. Scarborough was romantically involved with a woman, identified as Catherine C. Ceips of 1207 Bay Street, Beaufort, South Carolina."
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 07:34:26 PM by Marty Tennant »

guest in Georgetown

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 07:52:26 PM »
  First of all,  you have to be totally dumb if you think
  charlton has not been exposed. The damage has
  been done..Wouldn't you think!! I GUESS TO REALLY
  STICK THE KNIFE IN...HE NEEDS HEADLINES IN THE
  G'TOWN TIMES..WOULDN'T YOU THINK..

Moving on...The Georgetown Times is not the big paper
  like the Charlotte Observer, the State, the Post and Courier
  and the Asheville Citizen and others...

The point is...small papers have a different philosophy
  which centers around the fact that they must face the
  people they write about on the street and in church and other
  places around town..

Very honestly, before reporters  directly expose the character
  of a person,I suspect that they must consider many factors before
  the story is written... Let your imagination run wild!!!!!

I truly doubt that this paper will move to the level that
  Don Johnson and Scott Harper used to employ...Those
  who have been around for awhile remember...Chris LIng
  (our prayers are with you Chris) probably was involved to
  some extent...

Your thoughts!!

Good sense tells us this is a small town called Georgetown
  which is engulfed in small town politics which protects those
  with "any type of influence"............

Inuf said for the moment......................

Don was the king

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 08:53:12 PM »
Say what you want but Don Johnson had guts and didn't bow down to pressure. That's why he was run out of town though wasn't it? As for Scott Hapless. Well lets just say Scott only does what he is told.

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 10:05:40 PM »
  You make a good point about Don Johnson..If I remember
  correctly, Don was his own Boss. He called  his own shots
  and answered to nobody.  Therefore, he went right
  to the edge of the cliff in his reporting..

However, if you look at Scott..He works for what is a
  fairly large company. He has a boss and must follow
  orders..If not, I would imagine he would be fired from
  his position.

This is probably true of most people who must take
  orders or work under certain guidelines in his/her
  job....

So is life for those who work for a living under the
  reign of a boss... In defense of Scott, it is like he would
  like to go back to doing business like it was  when Don
  and Chris were here, however, he must answer to the
  company boss man!!

Scott is a coward

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 06:44:32 AM »
So you are saying Scott is a coward? I agree.

We are the Cowards

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 08:26:07 AM »
How can we who do not sign our names call someone whose name is on every news story they write a coward. I sure as heck ain't gonna cast that stone since his name is on hundeds of stories and i'm too scarted to sign mine.

Scott IS A coward

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 10:16:02 AM »
So you are saying Scott is a coward? I agree.

What the original poster was saying and what I was agreeing about is that Scott Harper IS A COWARD for not standing up to his bosses and saying this is wrong to identify the girl. That's all I am agreeing to. As far as not signing my name or you signing your's I will say that anyone that dares let their name out around here and takes a stand is ripped to shreds and threatened and even thrown in jail. Why would I want to put myself out to be harrassed like Marty or Joe or Rod or the list goes on and on.

crime watcher

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 01:51:31 PM »
i have been following this case since it happend because I have friends who live on the same road. since the start the georgetown times and the coastal observer have said it was the daughter. i remember the girl's dad on tv talking about his daughter. he identified her as such. to me it seems if the family has no problem with her being identified in that way, then it's really nothing we should get all up in arms about. this girl is remarkable and should be commended for the way she has recovered.

Nice try Scott

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 04:03:13 PM »
If the father of the girl wants to say who it is then so be it. The paper still should not expose her to further talk. That is the point here. I bet if the girl was your 16 year old daughter you would be screaming to not release her identity.

Mr. Tangent

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 04:04:31 PM »
So how about Tom Rubillo's latest column?

Real radio listener

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 09:04:43 PM »
I was listening to the old sheriff on WRNN tonight. You know that station in Myrtle Beach that you can actually hear and has real talk shows? But I digress.

He and his guest talked about the Sunset Lodge for a little bit. Wasn't he the sheriff that shut the place down?

WGT WHO?

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 06:41:33 AM »
His guest was Ricky Horne. You remember Ricky don't you all? He's the guy who has run for office almost as many times as Alan Walters, yes and lost every time almost as bad as Alan Walters. The funny thing now is he has been appointed to the Georgetown County Transportation committee. Once again if you run enough times and lose you can get an appointment like Alan Walters.

guest 2

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 12:35:55 PM »
Didn't Ricky run against Vida?