The Citizens' Report
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 08:09:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25249 Posts in 4024 Topics by 320 Members
Latest Member: SMW
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Citizens' Report
|-+  South Carolina
| |-+  Georgetown County SC
| | |-+  Politics and Current Events
| | | |-+  FOIA Weakened! SC Supreme Court is corrupt!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: FOIA Weakened! SC Supreme Court is corrupt!  (Read 1506 times)
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« on: May 27, 2018, 09:57:48 AM »

At least Few got it right. The rest are a bunch of bought and sold hacks!

https://www.fitsnews.com/2018/05/25/laird-minor-sc-supreme-court-muffed-open-records-ruling/

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.
Lee Padgett

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 10:50:58 AM »

After mulling this over considerably. If the Government handing out the funds is requiring the documentation of expenditures and has them available for the media I see no issue. Anger was my initial reaction. I convinced the Swamp Fox Players to quit applying for Atax funds as I did not feel the media had any business in our affairs other than how we spent those monies and after this ruling I hope we begin to solicit again to pay for our advertising. We have to submit proof to the City as to how the money was spent so the City can handle the FOIAs related to that. We have nothing to hide but it seemed intrusive that we were considered a public body by accepting 2800$ a year.

"The death of objectivism and small government can be attributed to emotional politics." Liberty Laura
concernedperson

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 09:54:45 PM »

If it is our tax money being given to the chamber or the Swamp Fox Players we deserve to know whose pocket it is going into. I remember the Georgetown Chamber getting caught paying outrageous salaries just like Myrtle Beach now does. And I remember the Georgetown Chamber getting caught paying for cell phones and expensive drapes. The County Council stripped the money away and the liars and cheaters that worked there all left. Lee- if the Swamp Fox Players get a tax monies they should publicly account for the money. But don't worry there is plenty of wasted tax money and corruption still going on in Georgetown.
Lee Padgett

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 05:02:37 AM »

Once again if the Government doling out the funds is doing proper accounting then receipts for expenditures of tax monies will be on file. If the local Gov cannot produce them as part of their finance documents then the people need to attack the Gov. I see this as further holding local elected officials to a higher standard by ensuring they have their finger on the pulse of what is going on as they should have. Anyone remember the GBA issues from years ago when the City said it didn't have the documents and the Times was after a full accounting of money spent and everyone was fighting everyone.

"The death of objectivism and small government can be attributed to emotional politics." Liberty Laura
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: