The Citizens' Report
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2019, 03:24:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25187 Posts in 4010 Topics by 320 Members
Latest Member: SMW
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Citizens' Report
|-+  South Carolina
| |-+  Georgetown County SC
| | |-+  Politics and Current Events
| | | |-+  Liberty Steel has opened!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Liberty Steel has opened!  (Read 1020 times)
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« on: June 25, 2018, 11:37:57 AM »

I see where our local steel mill reopened today. Many hard working people in our community just started earning a very good and honest wage again. This is a wonderful development. However, I'm not sure this is the best thing for us or our southern neighbors.

Shouldn't we be allowing poor people coming from Central America into our country to take these new jobs? They will work for much, much less, and this will reduce the cost of the steel, thereby improving the bottom line to the new mill owners. We might even reduce the cost to the point where it could be exported to other countries.

It would also be the Christian thing to do also. Shouldn't we be looking out for the least of us, even though they live in another country?

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.
15k4aloser

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 12:52:52 PM »

Yep good old union boss James E. Sanderson, Jr. is riding high in the saddle again. So the betting window is now open for how long it will last this time before shutting down again. I bet 12 months and two days. They have to stay open for 12 months to get the government money they were promised. Then it closes again.
concernedperson

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 08:33:18 AM »

Go check the union credit card and see how much the union dues paid for that fancy suit James was wearing yesterday. Bet that wasnt cheap. But its just dues money. Nobody cares.
forklift driver

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 10:06:31 AM »

Can I say something positive about the mill reopening. So far the little union wing nut Jamie Sanderson has not made his way back. Yet. Lets see if James E. Sanderson, Jr. does right by the union members this time.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: