The Citizens' Report
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 24, 2019, 07:10:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25222 Posts in 4018 Topics by 320 Members
Latest Member: SMW
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Citizens' Report
|-+  South Carolina
| |-+  Georgetown County SC
| | |-+  Politics and Current Events
| | | |-+  Horry County, City of Myrtle Beach and their TIF(F)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Horry County, City of Myrtle Beach and their TIF(F)  (Read 1537 times)
Lee Padgett

« on: August 19, 2018, 07:46:18 AM »

A Tax Increment Financing district has been proposed here. The County and School Board must be on board with it as it takes future revenue growth away for a certain period of time. California was the birth place of this creative money grab and is now phasing them out due to lawsuits etc. Well seem HCSD and Horry County are no longer fans of the TIF created to establish Market Commons and all this is leading to a true TIFF (A petty quarrel, especially one between friends or lovers). This infighting north of us does not bode well for the City and it's attempt to use the same model for the proposed hotel downtown.

https://wpde.com/news/local/myrtle-beach-city-council-moves-forward-with-redevelopment-plans-for-the-market-common

"The death of objectivism and small government can be attributed to emotional politics." Liberty Laura
IWCCTTT

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 08:35:37 AM »

Lee you don't understand. This hotel has to be built. Jack Scoundrel and a couple of other power brokers have put so much effort behind the scenes to make it happen. Even a certain now bankrupt county power broker is demanding he get some of his money back. The hotel must be built. Let's see.
Lee Padgett

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 07:44:32 AM »

I have no problem with the hotel if it will be self sustaining. I think calling it "boutique" when it is a projected 85 rooms is a mistake. I am not in favor of all the Government welfare for endeavors such as this...  See Element Electronics..  https://thenerve.org/records-officials-sharply-lowered-job-investment-targets-for-troubled-element-tv/  ...taxpayer money down the drain and they attempted to blame the trade war with China for the downfall yet it has never met a single milestone set by the Government for our donated tax dollars. Had The Nerve not done the actual reporting on this company along and along it would be blamed on something that has nothing to do with the closure. We just had a guy invest well over a million in this City on a B&B. He did so without tax compromises and tax payer funds. If this proposed Government sponsored enterprise does him in I pray he finds a way to sue and win.

"The death of objectivism and small government can be attributed to emotional politics." Liberty Laura
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: