The Citizens' Report
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2019, 08:41:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25166 Posts in 4000 Topics by 320 Members
Latest Member: SMW
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Citizens' Report
|-+  South Carolina
| |-+  Georgetown County SC
| | |-+  Politics and Current Events
| | | |-+  April 1865 Potter's March from the Sea
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: April 1865 Potter's March from the Sea  (Read 175 times)
Tom Rubillo

« on: March 21, 2019, 05:41:25 PM »

The attached PDF contains a previously unpublished manuscript of a book about the final days of the Civil War in South Carolina, including events in, around or originating in Georgetown.  I'm posting it here for those who might be interested.
PBSIAT

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 10:12:16 AM »

There is no link or article Tom. Also what do you think of “Team Georgetown “ going to Columbia to now say we don’t need the port dredged? I fell in the floor laughing when I saw the picture of the people who went.
Tom Rubillo

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 09:08:37 AM »

The PDF is there, but for some reason it isn't showing up any more.  It has been downloaded four times.  I don't know what the problem is now.  In any event, you can find it by going to the "I'm So Georgetown" site on Facebook.  It has been downloaded there too and should be available.  I'm working on creating a separate website or blog that contains a comprehensive local history that includes this particular manuscript, other previously published materials and some new stuff.  It should be up and running in a month or two.  When it is ready I'll post something further so those who may be interested can get access to the material.      On your other question -- any effort to improve or develop the port is better than none at all.  We'll see what becomes of this particular effort.

Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 11:06:40 AM »

I've downloaded it twice. The link is working.

However, I suggest hosting files like this off the website.

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: