The Citizens' Report
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2019, 05:36:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25279 Posts in 4029 Topics by 320 Members
Latest Member: SMW
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Citizens' Report
|-+  South Carolina
| |-+  Georgetown County SC
| | |-+  Politics and Current Events
| | | |-+  What happened to the port dredging money?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What happened to the port dredging money?  (Read 152 times)
thewizard

« on: September 13, 2019, 01:26:21 PM »

Been a while since i last posted. Does anyone know what happened to the millions of tax dollars that were supposed to be used for dredging the port? A friend of mine at the courthouse said that money is gone, disappeared, spent. How can that be? Doesn't the law that allowed the county to tax us require them to spend the money on the items they listed when the vote was held. Can they use the money for other reasons without letting the taxpayers know about it even?

Asking for a friend.
Tom Rubillo

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 04:30:33 PM »

Interested in knowing?  Make a Freedom of Information Act request to the County Auditor's office and the County Administrator's office.
PBSIAT

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 11:59:37 AM »

Go right ahead and sign your name to that FOIA request. Then you can be attacked and made to pay like so many others that stood up over the years and dare to ask what our tax dollars are being spent on. One of my family members got forced out of a job in Georgetown for asking about city tax money expenditures involving Paige Sawyer's family member. Unless you are independently wealthy like Rothrock or just have big balls like Marty you better keep your mouth shut. Why do citizens have to do all the heavy lifting? Where is the paper of record on this type questioning?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: