Author Topic: Stanko Trial  (Read 3793 times)

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
Stanko Trial
« on: August 08, 2006, 09:00:27 AM »
I see where the Georgetown Times recently ran an article that essentially identified the teenage girl that was living with Laura Ling.  They identified her as Lings daughter.

I may be wrong, but no other paper has attempted to identify this girl.  They have studious avoided any kind of ID.  Why this change from the Times?

Here is what the Sun News editor said about this issue in their article on the trial today.

Editor's note: The Sun News does not identify victims of sexual assault in most of our coverage. We will continue to follow that guideline in our coverage of the Stephen Stanko trial. As journalists, we seek to cover the news as completely as possible, including publishing the full identities of those involved. We also have a responsibility to minimize harm to those who are most vulnerable, especially children. - Trisha O'Connor, editor of The Sun News
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

Ilya Kuryakin

• Pro-management union buster
  • Global Moderator
Re: Stanko Trial
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 10:11:36 AM »
You know you can't trust the Times to follow any ethical guidelines or to report whole truths.  Doing those things would cause readers to respect and trust the reporters and editors.  We don't need that kind of integrity in Georgetown.  It just wouldn't fit.

The Times Sux

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 11:44:47 AM »
I thought there was actually a law prohibiting the naming of a rape victim. But hey this is Georgetown and the truth and the law don't matter.

As for the reporters at the Times Scott Hapless and Tommy Howeird have got to be the worst I have ever seen. Scott sold out a long time ago and Tommy never had to sell out... he was too stupid all along.

Former Scott Friend

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »
I used to think Scott was an honest and ethical person. I have watched him lie and attack my friends over the years just like the attack he made on James Sanderson. Scott still holds himself out as a good person but eveyone knows different now.

Darren

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 06:08:50 PM »
I remember seeing Chris Ling on TV last year talking about what happened to his daughter. He didn't seem to have a problem identifying it as his daughter.

A guest

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 07:12:20 PM »

Remembering and knowing Chris Ling from years
    gone by, my heartfelt prayers go out to him and
    his daughter.

This is the time that he is under unbelievable
    stress and emotional pain.

May God bless you, Chris, and allow you to find
     the strength to carry on.