Author Topic: HTC and Southern Coastal Cable  (Read 1617 times)

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
HTC and Southern Coastal Cable
« on: August 17, 2020, 12:56:11 PM »
I had someone mention to me today that HTC is buying Southern Coastal Cable.

True?

I also had a news item pop up a while back about HTC starting to offer services in the County (not City, as they denied them a franchise years ago).

What do you folks know?
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

IWCCTTT

Re: HTC and Southern Coastal Cable
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 01:07:03 PM »
I was told a few weeks ago Ron has talked with HTC about getting out. He lost the election so he knows his days are numbered. Not surprising is it?

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 11:03:45 AM »
As mentioned in another thread, this has been confirmed.

See: https://gabnewsonline.com/htc-inc-taking-over-southern-coastal-cable-p4163-90.htm

Scott mentions a tip, but gives no attribution. Guess the Waste of my Times will wake up soon and report in a few weeks. Ha!!!

Would love to see HTC really give Spectrum a run for their money.

The cost of Internet only service is outrageous in my opinion. I pay $70 a month just for Internet. I gave up on cable tv long ago. What a waste.

Internet alone should be $40 to $50/mo. in my opinion, tops.

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

concernedperson

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 02:53:24 PM »
This is to funny. The Citizens report has outlasted the corrupt liar Ron Charlton. The Citizens report has again proven it is the go to place for the news truthfully and timely. It is a shame Scott Harper refuses to give this site credit for his tips. Wonder why Scott just didn't ask Ron for a statement when he was hanging out at the house last weekend?

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 07:50:16 AM »
I'm hearing that rates are going up.

I'm also hearing that the email addresses Southern Coastal Cable subscribers have been using for years won't be transferred over to HTC.

IWCCTTT

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 02:16:24 PM »
This sounds just like when Ron and the other guy got into a fight and everyone lost their email accounts. What was his name?

Anyway people who trust Ron Chralton screwed again. Just ask his wife.

PBSIAT

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 03:14:31 PM »
I'm curious. Why has the Georgetown times still not covered this story? Even Scott Harper had it on his blog. You would think the paper of record would want to be the first and not the last to report the news?