Author Topic: The Sunset Lodge has moved to Pawleys Island? When?  (Read 1058 times)

PBSIAT

The Sunset Lodge has moved to Pawleys Island? When?
« on: September 02, 2020, 03:12:51 PM »
So the town of Pawleys Island is suing Sunset Lodge LLC over a easement to the beach? When did the Sunset Lodge move from Maryville to Pawleys? But you know that mentality fits in just perfect with Guerry Green and company on the island.

Town wants $10M bond from property owners fighting beach easement
By Charles Swenson|August 14, 2020

Frank Beattie, Barry Stanton and Sunset Lodge LLC filed suits last month to halt the town’s effort to condemn easements along the ocean side of their lots. They claim that the easements are no longer needed because the renourishment is complete, and they challenge the idea that the Corps can become a participant in the past project by installing beach grass and sand fence on the south end of the island.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
Re: The Sunset Lodge has moved to Pawleys Island? When?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 07:58:57 AM »
Here is the article.

https://coastalobserver.com/town-wants-10m-bond-from-property-owners-fighting-beach-easement/

There are lots of legal maneuvers going on. Condemnation? The Army Corps coming back to save the day after they were booted out of the renourishment project?

Admissions from the Town of Pawleys Island that they could lose it all again very quickly with no funding sources to fix it again, and again, and again and ......
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.