Author Topic: Goodbye Spectrum Internet, hello HTC!  (Read 943 times)

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
Goodbye Spectrum Internet, hello HTC!
« on: January 25, 2021, 12:37:55 PM »
Spectrum has steadily increased their Internet service rates, such that last month, I paid them $75 for 200mbps down and 10mbps up.

HTC offers their Internet only service, at 300mbps down and 20mbps up, for $50/mo. for the first 12 months, then $60 thereafter.

They installed it today, and it is definitely superior to Spectrum. They even provide a FREE WiFi router with an excellent app for managing
WiFi names and passwords. Spectrum charges extra if they provide WiFi ($5/mo. if I recall correctly).

I'm glad HTC bought out Southern Coastal. From what I can see, they've improved the services being offered, and is really giving
Spectrum a run for their money.

I recommend everyone look into HTC. They are local here in Horry and Georgetown Counties, and they give you MORE FOR LESS!

Their phone number for Residential customers is 843-369-7399.

If you switch, please report back here and let us know how it goes.

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

Amazing2Me2

Re: Goodbye Spectrum Internet, hello HTC!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 07:28:35 AM »
I've been curious to see if HTC will be more reliable than SCC on guaranteed uptime. The deal sounds good and I would like to consider it but I cannot afford downtime since I work from home, stream video, and have many Internet dependent devices.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
Re: Goodbye Spectrum Internet, hello HTC!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 09:23:30 AM »
So far it's all good for me. But it hasn't been long, so check back.
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.