Author Topic: City primary  (Read 851 times)

IWCCTTT

City primary
« on: June 08, 2021, 10:36:52 AM »
So the betting window is now open. Who will win the primary today?

I bet Tupelo is the odd man out along with no chance for Lee Padgett. I think Lee would be a great city councilman but the Scovile machine will never let that happen. Tupelo pissed off the steel workers with his comments about the time has come for the mill to move on.

Hey speaking of Lee Padgett whatever happened to the guy that got arrested for picking up Scovile's campaign signs after he got beat for mayor? Funny how we never hear about the ending of these cases.

PBSIAT

Re: City primary
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 12:36:40 PM »
Where is Paige the racist Sawyer? I would have thought he would be running around screaming how the city needs him back. I don't think I've seen him on Front street the whole week.

Tupelo Humes

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 11:28:48 AM »
Odd man out???? Also, I never said the mill wouldn't reopen. What I said is that we must start to plan and begin discussions if it does not. I will always support those workers and the mill. Anyone heard of a potential new buyer???
👀👀👀

IWCCTTT

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 07:52:13 AM »
As a sitting council member you have a responsibility to enforce the zoning ordianace that council put in place that the steel mill property was to be downzoned after being idle for over a year. Are you saying you are not going to do your job?
One more side thought for you Tupelo the only person the steel workers endorsed did loose. Maybe I was wrong about the union influence? I'm glad I was wrong.

Tupelo Humes

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 12:24:47 PM »
The Steelworkers did not endorse Sheldon Butts or any other candidate. The AFL-CIO did.
Big difference.....

PBSIAT

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 12:26:19 PM »
The Georgetown Steel Workers union belongs to the AFL-CIO? What's the difference.

Either way they had zero effect on the election.

Tupelo won and Sheldon came in dead last.

Tupelo Humes

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2021, 04:48:13 PM »
The impression given here was that the local union endorsed a candidate, and that simply wasn't true.

IWCCTTT

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2021, 01:55:34 PM »
Not true Tupelo? The local steelworkers union is a member of the AFLCIO. You union brothers all speak with the same voice I thought. Either way Sheldon got beat again. Too bad for the city you are around for another four years. Wonder how bad the credit rating will be when you get through this time?