Author Topic: What happens after this election?  (Read 322 times)

JW

What happens after this election?
« on: October 26, 2021, 06:11:16 PM »
So what happens to Geogetown after this city election? There won't be a republican or a white person elected on council. Think about it.

Tom Rubillo

Re: What happens after this election?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 12:19:36 PM »
This posting is offensive. 

JW

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 05:48:45 PM »
A question offends you? Are we no longer allowed to ask questions? Is there anything false being asked?

Tom Rubillo

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 03:15:26 PM »
Race baiting is always offensive.

JW

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 06:04:05 AM »
That is the excuse the liberal left uses every time they donít want to talk about a important issue. They call you a racist and refuse to address the issue. Well the question is legitimate even if you are scared to admit it.

Tom Rubillo

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2021, 09:44:11 PM »
JW  Nobody called you anything at all.  I simply stated a fact:  Race baiting is always offensive.  Just like a person's religion, creed, national origin, hair color, eye color, height, weight, gender or any other physical characteristic, a person's skin color, race or ethnicity is irrelevant to his or her qualification to serve in public office.  Much more important are honesty, intelligence, a willingness to serve the interests of the entire community rather than just friends or cronies, the strength of character and an absence of hate or animosity toward anyone or any group of people because of mere physical characteristics.  Honesty, intelligence, decency are the traits that are important.
Besides, Al Joseph will still be on council no matter what the outcome of the election.  If memory serves me correctly, he's a white guy, so your factual premise is incorrect.  As far as Republicans are concerned, they have never won many seats on city council.  Paige Sawyer, Carol Jayroe and Mr. Angner are the only three I can recall in the past 50 years.  If there were one or two more, they don't come to mind.  The only other person I can think of who served on council who wasn't a Democrat was Barry Price/  He ran as an Independent candidate and won and served with distinction.     
My point is that you (and everyone else) are free to support whichever candidates you like.  That's fine.  You can endorse any political party whose views you share.  That's fine.  No problem.  What is always inappropriate and offensive, however, is to use race, religion, color, creed, gender or national origin as a sword when attacking or advocating.  We are all Americans.  We are all equals in the sight of God and in the eyes of the law.  If you don't like that, well.....

PS:  I'm not a liberal or a conservative or a moderate or anything you can label in any way.  I'm just an old man who tries to think things through.

PBSIAT

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2021, 08:46:10 AM »
I agree with you Mr. Rubillo that we have not had hardly any republicans on city council in the past 50 years. But to say Paige Sawyer is a republican is a flat out joke. Paige is not even a RINO. Paige voted for every tax increase and taking of rights and property every time. Paige Sawyer is a angry short guy with a chip on his shoulder looking to settle scores. And that is why he got tossed off council.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 08:59:20 PM »
This post didn't age well.
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

JW

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2021, 09:19:43 PM »
I was wrong and I am happy to say it. Georgetown is about to see a dramatic change. And the first change is the abandoned steel mill property.