Author Topic: Steel mill and union boss gone for good?  (Read 250 times)

IWCCTTT

Steel mill and union boss gone for good?
« on: May 31, 2022, 08:24:21 AM »
I rarely agree with anything Eileen Johnson has to say but she has some good points in her letter to the editor. Especially her comment about the union boss getting a check when others were let go time after time.  I have seen others say that over and over. She talks about the union boss lying and making personal attacks because he cannot argue the law or facts. I know many union members who wanted Slanderson  gone for years now but the union boss will not hold an election. I wonder if he will be gone after the mill is closed by the city SOON!

Letter to Editor
Much has been said recently about the Steel Mill here in Georgetown. Most comments are one-sided and led by organized labor. No one from Liberty Steel in management nor ownership has commented. Wonder Why? They have not appeared in court or press conferences or seem to show any interest. Do any of them even live in the city. 
Where was this movement and union organization when the mill was closed so many times in the past?
I am sure the union leader was getting a check when others were let go time after time. Only in a union can fail so many times and be rewarded with its leadership.
When attacks from organized labor are personal it means they cannot argue on the law. Not once has the Liberty Steel, the Union’s leadership or their attorneys pointed to the REDD ordinance to support their claims. They are trying to make this about jobs, and it is simply a violation of the city ordinance, and they know they are wrong.
The city of Georgetown, the Board of Zoning Appeals, and the public should not be vilified or held to account for upholding a very clear zoning ordinance. I am sure most distractors have not read the ordinance. I sure hope the board members have read it and understand and that their role is to interpret it and vote according to the rules. They do not owe loyalty to a party, an ideology, or union. Upholding the ordinance is the only choice that does not reflect bias, ignorance, or and agenda.
Bottom line the Steel mill is not now, nor will it ever be profitable, and Liberty Steel cannot continue to dig the hole forever. The agreement and the ordinance are clear. What you are hearing is the last gasps of a dying industry.
Abraham Lincoln said, “You can fool some of the people all the time, and some of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”
This kind of talk coming from the chairperson of the election commission/union leader should concern us.
I have asked that the ordinance be published so everyone can read it for themselves. Transparency and fact will speak for itself.
Eileen S Johnson

IWCCTTT

Re: Steel mill and union boss gone for good?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 08:35:33 AM »
Now the liberal dirtbags are eating themselves? Jack Scovile has now written a letter to the editor attacking James Sanderson. This is getting real interesting.

Tom Rubillo

Re: Steel mill and union boss gone for good?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 12:06:59 PM »
As a so-called "liberal dirt bag" myself who may be "eating himself," I happen to agree with Jack Scoville's comments.  Bullying, threats, retaliation,  and attempts at creating an intimidating atmosphere for those responsible for making decisions are entirely inappropriate, wrong-headed and, in my view, as stupid and childish as name calling.