Author Topic: SCDOT Director shows Gov. appoints idiots to State Agencies  (Read 1483 times)

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
SCDOT Director shows Gov. appoints idiots to State Agencies
« on: October 30, 2006, 11:04:11 PM »
Mabry isn't going to put up with Sanford's crap.  I don't blame her.

++++++++

DIRECTOR RESPONDS TO ALLEGATIONS
Hooper's mission: Governor control of DOT
By Elizabeth Mabry

In response to the widely reported criticism of me by S.C. Department of Transportation Commission Chairman Tee Hooper, it is only fair that your readership hear the rest of the story. When Gov. Mark Sanford appointed Tee Hooper chairman in 2003, Hooper apparently came with a mission - to put the agency under the control of the governor. Hooper's strategy: Destroy the reputation of S.C. DOT. He is well-suited to wreck the career efforts of hardworking people because at the time of appointment he had just finished serving 10 years on the board of directors of HomeGold. HomeGold lost $278 million dollars and cost thousands of South Carolinians their life savings.

Rest of article here:

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/news/opinion/15879291.htm
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.