Author Topic: Police Chief... Barney...  (Read 1837 times)

Police Chief... Barney...
« on: August 21, 2006, 12:54:38 PM »
This was in today's Times...

* Chief Furr said his department will enforce the city's speeding laws more forcefully following complaints from Sawyer and several other citizens. The city has a new device that displays drivers' speeds instantly, and Furr hopes that, along with parking police cars around the city, will slow down most drivers.

Wonder how much the 'tell me how fast I'm going' machine cost the city?  Wonder what good it will do?  How are they going to measure its effectiveness?  Police cars with no drivers were used 50+ years ago and did slow people down for the next 50 yards.  Hey Chief, why not write tickets?  Why not get tough with these people who speed up and down the streets in G'Town?  Most of them are coming from Pawleys, Litchfield and beyond; grab their money.  But I must say, I see a few of our own neighbors pushing the pedal also.

Paige complained because others have been on record as complaining.  He wouldn't do it on his own for fear he would offend a few that live down the street from him and constantly gas it up and down Highmarket.

Paige is a loser

Re: Police Chief... Barney...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 01:09:19 PM »
Paige will do what ever it takes to get his name in the paper. All he has to do it call Scott Harper and say BOOO and Scott will write anything. I wish Paige would have given Scott that 5 rivers story and then they would cover it too.