Author Topic: Still no reporting by the Times  (Read 8968 times)

Shame on the Times

Still no reporting by the Times
« on: August 21, 2006, 09:09:32 PM »
Since the post telling about Harper not doing his job is now gone I have a question. Why was there still no story in today's paper and why is the Times web site missing?

The Georgetown Times has lost the last bit of credibility it had left. They refuse to report on corruption in this community for fear they might not get invited to those big parties thrown by the same theives that are taking our tax money for their own benefit.

Pontificator

Re: Still no reporting by the Times
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 09:36:00 PM »
There will be a report in the Wed. edition of the Georgetown Times. It will end with a white wash story about how this is really no big deal. Just like all the other times people have been caught stealing tax money in this town. Remember the Chamber of Commerce?

Sorry state of affairs

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 08:08:30 AM »
Ignore it and it will go away. As long as no one will press the issue it will go away. There are no "stand up" people left in this town. Everyone with the balls to press and sue have all either won and left town or been harassed to the point they will not open their mouths either.

Inside pool player

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 12:07:38 PM »
I understand a reporter (we'll leave his name out so not to offend him) was talking with Kenny Johnson about the Charter School money affair a few years back. The reporter was saying everyone looked the other way when the money disappeared from the charter school and Kenny was the chairman of the board. So I guess we are now looking for the 5 rivers thing to go away too?

GUEST 2

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 12:36:09 PM »
Have you noticed the web page for the Times has not been updated for this week? They are running scared!

Why trust the Times

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 06:19:24 PM »
Its after 6pm on Tuesday night and the Times web site has still not been updated. Guess they are so scared they don't know what to do.

Time Check

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 07:59:24 PM »
7:59 p.m. still no website update. check back later.

Time Check

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 08:28:10 PM »
8:27 p.m. still no website update. check back later.

Time Check

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 08:52:33 PM »
8:52 p.m. still no website update. check back later.

Time Check

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 10:57:26 PM »
10:57pm. still no website update. check back later.  

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 07:20:59 AM »
The Times website looks like it is being run by the same folks that tend to the cops website.  Very dead!
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

Ilya Kuryakin

• Pro-management union buster
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 08:12:00 AM »
The cops have a website?  I know I haven't seen one lately.  Are the local cops still affiliated with NAMBLA?

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 08:29:26 AM »
I don't know about the cops, but someone here apparently thinks the Mayor is a member.
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

Disgusted

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 08:35:37 AM »
This is one of the problems with boards like this. People can come on these sights and anonymously accuse people of being gay, pedephiles, rapists, or whatever without being man enough to identify themselves. When you allow such thngs to be said about people without proof, you, Marty, are no better than the person who ran the other board. If they said YOU were a man and boy lover, you would delete it. Because it's about someone you hate, it stays. You are no better than the board owner you cursed and carried on about.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2006, 08:45:39 AM »
I have not heard from the Mayor denying anything.  I have actually heard from others that there might be some truth to some of this.  You are not using your name and are attacking me.  Do you lump yourself in the same boat as others you criticise?  If not, you are a hypocrite.

Disgusted

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 09:00:02 AM »
OK, so in your warped mind, a person is guilty until they prove themselves innocent. Move to China with that way of thinking!!
What if the Sun News printed a story calling you a boy lover without any proof whatsoever? You would sue their butt off. I hope the mayor does the same to you and has a court ordrdered search of your computer so he can sue the writer as well.
You say "there might be some truth to this." You are opening yourself up for a lot of legal headaches based on a "might be".

Ditto

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 09:02:33 AM »
The mayor has run for office and won six times since 1986. If this stuff were true, it would have come out in at least one of his campaigns in the past 20 years.

Ilya Kuryakin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 09:06:24 AM »
My question had nothing to do with the Mayor or his private life.

Ditto

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 09:07:44 AM »
I know. I wasn't blaming you. It's only Marty and his little buddy making the slanderous inuendo.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 09:13:48 AM »
Look here Mr. Mayor Defender.  This is a board that allows freedom of speech.  It can be messy at times.  I haven't said diddly about whether the allegations are true.  I do not control the posts of others unless they are so far offbase as to be laughable.  I have spoken to people in this community who have given credence to what has been said.  If the Mayor wants to call me and refute it all, I will delete it.  He hasn't.  I post my phone number here.  Regarding your comments trying to compare me and this site to the cops hellhole, you are way offbase.  They had no controls whatsoever, and nobody knew who held the keys to the delete button.  I hope they stay shut down forever.

Ilya Kuryakin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 09:16:44 AM »
I didn't read anywhere that Marty stated or implied anything about the Mayor.  He did state that another poster questioned the Mayor's morality.  That's all.

Ditto

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 09:18:30 AM »
I think the writers on this board need to know what you will do when you are ordered by the court to rteveal the IP addresses of the postors? When some newspaper reporters have been ordered to reveal their sources, they have gone to jail rather than turn over the names. Will you do the same? I think the writers need to know if you will be willing to protect their identity or will you gladly realease the IP addresses when the order comes? Will you go to jail to protect the writer's identities?

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 09:31:14 AM »
You did read this sticky post, first one on the board, right?  Answer your own question, loser.

+++++++++++++++++

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Fair use of copyrighted material is acceptable under current copyright law.  Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.  Posts purporting to identify the true name of anonymous posters are not allowed and will be deleted.

Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we cannot continuously monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, Marty Tennant, or the advertisers.

Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify Marty Tennant immediately by calling (843) 527-4485. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

You may post anonymously.  This does not mean you are not responsible for the content of your posts.

You have the ability, if you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason.  We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.

After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.

Please note that with each post, anonymous or otherwise, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.

Ditto

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2006, 11:24:51 AM »
So, this means when the court orders Marty's computer data searched, your IP adress will be found and you will also be named in the lawsuit.

Ilya Kuryakin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2006, 11:28:40 AM »
I'm holding my breath waiting....

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2006, 12:35:30 PM »
So, this means when the court orders Marty's computer data searched, your IP adress will be found and you will also be named in the lawsuit.

Your post makes no sense.  Please, tell the Mayor to bring on the lawsuit.