Author Topic: The Times on 5 Rivers  (Read 5583 times)

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
The Times on 5 Rivers
« on: August 23, 2006, 09:46:14 AM »
Tommy Howard talks about a "newspaper" reporting on this, but doesnt' name it.

Heck folks, the Times gave out the cops website name in an article once, but they refuse to do the same for the Sun News.

What does that tell you about the absolute waste of my Times?
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

OK

Re: The Times on 5 Rivers
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 09:53:51 AM »
You mention the cops sight, but don't name it. You even made it ti where no one else could name it. What does that say about you?

Randy

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 10:06:19 AM »
There are a lot of things we can bash all the newspapers around here about but this particular thing is petty. It is common to hear the phrase "according to published reports" or "according to broadcast reports" or "media sources say". Every news outlet does it.
By the way, I am about as sick and tired of seeing this board turn into a "we hate  the paper" site as I was of the "we hate Marty" site.

Ilya Kuryakin

• Pro-management union buster
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 10:58:53 AM »
Maybe you should try the Times message board.  They've got some really good posts about quilting, Andrews High School reunions, love for the Lord, peeps givin' they shouts out to they homeys, and reports of newborn kittens up for adoption.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 12:33:37 PM »
You mention the cops sight, but don't name it. You even made it ti where no one else could name it. What does that say about you?

I don't make the cops site the centerpiece of a so called newspaper report on politics that relied on rumor from an unamed person.

This is what the Times did.  They quoted an anonymous source on a website that was already a source of lies and attacks on me and my family.  You sound like a cop site sympathizer.  Sorry your beloved source of crap is now history.
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

Reader

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 01:41:50 PM »
Boy, the article by Tommy Howard is really hardhitting journalism.  Way to go Tommy!!!

puzzled

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 02:26:51 PM »
what did it say that was any different from what was already reported?

Cynic

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 02:32:53 PM »
It didn't.  It whitewashed the whole deal.

Don't trust the Times

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 06:06:04 PM »
Will there be any follow up to this important story of misuse and misappropiration of funds? I doubt it.

You simply cannot trust the Georgetown Times to report the news. This has been proven over and over and over and over.......

yippee

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 06:31:17 PM »
yes. the only trusted source is the citizens report where WE cowards can hide and anonymously say anythiung. WE COWARDS are the only beacons of truth!!

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 06:38:35 PM »
speak for yourself.

Advance copy

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 08:38:13 PM »
I've seen it. There is no mention of the 5rivers debacle. The lady waited her turn and now she gets to steal every dime she wants.

pmmstms

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 08:54:33 PM »
you've seen the paper? well, we will all find out in the morning if you are truthful or a bald faced liar.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 06:59:18 AM »
He/she was lying.

Ms. White has her day.  We are all racists and she's worth every penny.

pmmstms

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 07:01:47 AM »
Hey "advanced copy", did your momma teach you to be a bald-faced liar or did you learn it on your own?

Thanks Tommy

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2006, 07:21:02 AM »
Thank you to Tommy Howard. The Times may not have been first with the 5 Rivers story but I really feel your stories have been the best. You have given BOTH sides, even though the side of Bulah and her clan is sickening. Good job. Keep it up!

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2006, 07:24:46 AM »
How unusual for the Times to give both sides, unless forced to do so.

Very Interested Guest

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2006, 09:08:01 AM »
David Wrenn of the Sun News will continue to stay behind
the 5 Rivers Story. He will attend, according to him, the board
meeting this Tuesday for the purpose of obtaining more information. Hard information is difficult to get, especially
when the front is religion, emotion and family by White. The GT
covers tears and family-The Sun News covers facts of the story.

Bulah White will not tell Wrenn  her current salary for 2005. Therefore,
he must probe in that she hasn't filed taxes for 2005. Nothing seems
to be completed by deadlines or by the rules. Remember also, that
she doesn't APPOINT board members in a timely fashion, therefore,
this decreases and confuses oversight. What a mess!!

Travel records are apparently a key. Transfer of funds with
no oversight and just generally "sloppy" business practices
sends the red flag that there is a "rat in the smokehouse."

The travel of Darren Holmes, former Georgetown county
school board member, along with other board members
will be closely looked at. If you remember Holmes traveled
extensively with GCSD.. Some said he needed a passport.

There is a good possibility that the State Newspaper will
also join in on the reporting act.

Mr. Wrenn, where were you when Scanlon and Kenny Johnson
were  operating in a similiar fashion at the Charter School.

Where is Harper?

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2006, 10:20:56 PM »
Go to the Sun News site: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/news/local/15357133.htm

A real newspaper with truthful coverage. The Georgetown "waste of my" Times and Tommy Howeird didn't even mention that the state is now investigating and the "board" will be looking into things.

One more qestion I think I have seen here before. This happened in the city and yet Scott Harper is not covering it. Scott we know you have complained to marty about this board so why won't you tell us why you are not covering a city story? Are you as corruptable as others have told us?