Author Topic: Thanks to the Georgetown Police Dept.  (Read 3349 times)

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
Thanks to the Georgetown Police Dept.
« on: August 23, 2006, 05:39:58 PM »
Yes, thanks for your quick response to a citizen's request to enforce our parking ordinances.

I was downtown today and noticed a bright red Porche Carrera 2 with SC tags (sporting a Michigan State University frame) and a California tag in the front, parked in front of the old Customs House, 1001 Front St.  It was clearly in a no parking zone with yellow markings on the curb.  Whoever parked there would have had lots of trouble not knowing that it was illegal.

Not one to enjoy blatant violations of law by people that probably think they can get away with it, I called the police dept. and they sent someone out right away to ticket the vehicle.  And yes, I identified myself and even gave my phone number.

Now, will the offender pay his fine, or weasel his/her way out of it?

I think I know who the person is.  Do you?

Keep your eye out for this vehicle.  It might be necessary to call again for enforcement.
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

Questioner

Re: Thanks to the Georgetown Police Dept.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 06:18:25 PM »
So Marty, who was the officer they sent out?

afdip

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 06:19:56 PM »
if one chooses to view parking in a no parking zone as a behavioral problem, then where does one draw the line in reporting other disagreeable behavior??  are you really encouraging the readers here to join the "snitch of the month club" and turn in people for everything they find objectionable in g'town?

come to think of it, that is often what the site boils down to. . . i guess i'll just have to wait until the political police knock on my door to question me for being a liberal or a libertarian.    wait, i think that's them now . . . . . . .

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 06:25:21 PM »
Firstly, I wouldn't call it behavioral.  It is a violation of law to park where the vehicle was parked. 

Secondly, I would say that if you see a violation of law, call whoever on it.  Heck, I've seen nothing less than that applied to me, but of course, no one else.

I'll tell you a little history later about this situation, but suffice it say, the person involved, in my opinion, thinks he can probably get away with it and probably thinks he is "entitled" to park there.

Wrong.

To answer the other poster, the officer was C H U R C H.  He had nothing to say to me, and me likewise.  I find it interesting they sent a Sergeant to write a ticket.  Hmmmmm???
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 06:27:18 PM by Marty Tennant »
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

Ilya Kuryakin

• Pro-management union buster
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 06:48:40 PM »
Since you mentioned the Michigan State tag, a couple of local graduates come to mind.  I'm willing to bet that the owner of the Porsche (looks like an 1985 model) knows someone in politics who can make that ticket "magic"ally disappear.  Or maybe, just maybe, he knows a good attorney.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 06:55:38 PM by Jack Aubrey »

near the area

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 06:57:36 PM »
you bet your sweet a.. he will get off or very close to it...He
abuses this stuff all the time..Marty was there at the
right time and had the b.... to call the police.

Maybe the City Police Consultant will defend this guy in
that they know each other..

Sawyer , the w..., is putting the pressure on the Mayor
and the Chief to do this and that...Well maybe he can
teach his wife to drive a 5 speed and move these vehicles
before the police get there.

near the area

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 08:02:19 PM »
come on................Church does not work front st...
He was sent to deal with a big hitter...Marty

Marty, keep watch on  this..He will deal with this
thru the upper polictical levels..

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 08:54:14 PM »
I'm constantly being dealt with at this level.  Thanks for the reminder.

another guest

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 10:11:14 PM »
Let me make a stab in the dark. This person works real close to the illegally parked car and has an employee that could elect to not prosecute the ticket????????