Author Topic: This deserves a separate topic  (Read 2238 times)

Harper questions?

This deserves a separate topic
« on: August 23, 2006, 09:48:29 PM »
OK I finally got my Georgetow "WASTE OF MY" Times. I read the Tommy HOWeird article and I have a few questions for Tommy and Scott Hapless.

The incident occurred in the city of Georgetown (on front street). Scott Hapless is the CITY BEAT REPORTER. We know this because Scott Hapless has come here before to decry those of us who mention his name with any story from the county. So why did Tommy HOWeird have to do this city story? Scott has done several other articles on the group before.

Where was the independent reporting? Except for talking with Tommy Edwards and Sel Hemingway all Tommy did was reprint bits and pieces from the Sun News. Which by the way no credit was given to the Sun News.

Why did Tommy HOWeird find it necessary to editorialize that the lady is "preparing a response"? Its pretty clear to anyone with half a brain this lady has improperly pumped her and her daughter's salaries up and filed them under the wrong category for tax reasons.

Why did the Georgetown Times stop with just a white wash job? Why not some hard hitting journalism?

Let me answer that last one for you. This is the Georgetown "WASTE OF MY" Times we are talking about.

another guest

Re: This deserves a separate topic
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 10:13:19 PM »
Poor Scott Harper. He just can't win. I thought the article was the weakest thing since the Paige Sawyer stole a truck story.

Puzzled

Re: This deserves a separate topic
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 10:14:42 PM »
If it was a weak story, you are barking at the wrong writer. Tommy Howard wrote it. Tommy just can't win.