Author Topic: Iraq war  (Read 5466 times)

Iraq war
« on: August 24, 2006, 03:35:34 PM »
Can someone please tell me what reason was given by Bush for us Attacking IRAQ. 

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
    • Marty Tennant the PC Doctor
Re: Iraq war
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 03:49:24 PM »
As recently as this week, it was admitted that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, per the president.  Guess he should advise the vice-prez. 
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

afdip

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 05:09:15 PM »
the reason has changed about as often as the busheviks change their drawers.  don't look to these clowns for consistency or truth.

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 07:13:42 PM »
Don't be a jerk, no matter what reason anyone would come up with you still won't like it. You are one of those peace panzies anyway so just say it " I HATE BUSH HE"S A LIAR." Why don't you go to Texas and get up with Moma Moon Bat  Cindy Sheehan and help her in her venture to bring Bush down.

afdip

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 09:38:44 PM »
i'm a peace panzy [sic]?  i don't remember seeing you with me in vietnam.  were you there?  you've got me all wrong.  i don't have a problem with war for the right reasons . . . the war in iraq is for all the wrong reasons, and even the wrong reasons keep changing.  the busheviks keep trying new ones to see what their gullible sycophants will swallow next.

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 07:00:46 AM »
I just deleted a personal attack on afdip that had no issue discussion.

Keep it up and you'll continue to see deletions, and this goes for everyone.

Stop the personal attacks and discuss issues.
Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.

Guest...

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 08:52:33 AM »
Was it really bad Marty or was it because it was about afdip?  Afdip, were you for the attack when it first started?  Did you believe what was being said by our administration and the foreign governments?  Now, now... think about it and don't lie!!

Marty Tennant

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 09:08:28 AM »
It is really bad when ANYONE (afdip included) refuses to address issues and simply attacks.  Posts that only attack will be deleted.

afdip

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 09:18:10 AM »
well, i was supportive of the invasion of afghanistan, as i felt there was a direct link between taliban/al qaeda that was justification.  i have, however, never been an advocate for the invasion of iraq.  there was never any cogent justification made by the administration.  wmd's?  hell, if we invaded every nation who had wmd's and was crazy enough to use them . . . north korea, iran, sudan, somalia (oh, yeah, we did that already).  where would it stop?  saddam was a tyrant?  gosh, let's check a list of tyrants in the world today and invade their countries.  how about spreading democracy?  this reverse domino theory that if we spread democracy to one place (iraq) then the countries surrounding it will also succumb to jeffersonian democracy, without having their own jefferson.  how about the link between iraq and 9/11?  oops, just last week the moron-in-chief stated there was no link between the two.  every month or so, this administration trots out another rationalization and, hey, 35% of americans swallow it whole like a bass after a mayfly.

even the republican saint, the only president to be named after a science fiction weapon, ronald raygun, said "trust but verify."  i suggest you try to follow his sage words.

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 02:52:17 PM »
Wars are not fun and easy. They also cause people to argue with one another. Bush never said this war would be fun or easy. Every time we turn around the democrats are crying about this war. If they would shut the hell up and quit supporting the enemy maybe we could get out of that stinking rat hole Iraq. We are there because of the repukes and the dummycrats alike not just BUSH. 

afdip

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 03:03:28 PM »
while i agree with your premise that both parties bought into the war mentality, you cannot overlook the fact that in the prelude leading up to the war and since it began, the busheviks have molded and formed the facts and nonfacts to suit their agenda.  within the pnac'ers (project for a new american century) there are no democrats . . . still there are as many spineless democrats as there are spineless republicans.  how about getting rid of all incumbents and start over???

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 03:09:53 PM »
Isn't it amazing that the republicans refuse to admit that the IRAQ is wrong.  The republicans try to label anyone who doesn't support Bush as unamerican.  I am a proud American and proud to support our troops.  However, I refuse to support someone as ignorant as Bush.  His poor administration refuses to admit they made a mistake.  This is what's wrong with the Republican party.  Bill Clinton at first lied but later confessed as any good Christian would do.  bush is a joke.  Our country needs a break from the corrupt republican party.  God save the USA.

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 06:42:24 PM »
So it was a mistake ? Why was it a mistake ? Think about it ? All wars are a mistake while they are going on but they happen for a reason. One of the reasons is ruthless dictators that use wmds to kill their neighbors and own citizens. Such dictators as were found in Germany, Japan and Iraq. Saddam had weapons because he had used them in the past . Also intelligence sources said he had them and was also seeking nuclear. Iran is at this present time. Bill Clinton said he had them, Al Gore said he had them, Hillary said he had them. You need more? Nobody lied to you or anyone else that is a democrat talking point. Saddam had plenty of time to ship those weapons to Syria or Iran or even hide them and you know it. If the corrupt United Nations would have done their jobs instead of taking money on the oil for food scandal the Iraq war may have never started. Sure Bush is a joke but not near the joke Clinton was. Clinton didn't do his job because he was to busy worrying about his pole numbers and witch intern to pole next.

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 07:43:17 PM »
Wasn't it a republican who polished Clinton's knob? *S*S*S*S  Monica was a republican palnt.

KarmaPolice

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 12:39:48 AM »
What's a "republican paint"?

Ilya Kuryakin

• Pro-management union buster
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 06:50:27 AM »
I think your monitor may need a little cleaning.  "Guest" was so excited to share his words of wit that he mistyped the word "plant" as "palnt".